Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
AnyOldName3

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I'm not sure I'd even sink the mortar that much - looking at the no-parallax pictures, it looks like the stones are rough on the faces but have straight, sharp edges. If the mortar was nearly flush (i.e. as if someone had put the stones together than scraped off the excess with a finger or trowel so it didn't stick out but came right to the edge) but the stones still had parallax dents and lumps.

In this picture, the mortar isn't recessed but the stones are definitely rough and not marshmallow-shaped.

lysol

Post by lysol »

I think we might be getting somewhere.

https://imgur.com/l9sv2YW

EDIT:

Yes indeed, this might be something:

https://imgur.com/a/GOjmp3w

I think at least I'm happy with it how it looks now. But do share your opinions if you have any.

Oh and,
AnyOldName3 wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 16:03 I'm not sure I'd even sink the mortar that much - looking at the no-parallax pictures, it looks like the stones are rough on the faces but have straight, sharp edges. If the mortar was nearly flush (i.e. as if someone had put the stones together than scraped off the excess with a finger or trowel so it didn't stick out but came right to the edge) but the stones still had parallax dents and lumps.
Yes, I actually agree that this texture shouldn't really sink the mortar, barely at all. But I like when the parallax map defines the edges of each stone a bit. I think I'll upload both the normal mapped version and the parallax mapped version, so people can pick the version they prefer.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Saw the pics and these are frikken AWESOME. I do hope to see more of these.

ST
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

lysol wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 04:51 I think we might be getting somewhere.

https://imgur.com/l9sv2YW

EDIT:

Yes indeed, this might be something:

https://imgur.com/a/GOjmp3w

I think at least I'm happy with it how it looks now. But do share your opinions if you have any.

Oh and,
AnyOldName3 wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 16:03 I'm not sure I'd even sink the mortar that much - looking at the no-parallax pictures, it looks like the stones are rough on the faces but have straight, sharp edges. If the mortar was nearly flush (i.e. as if someone had put the stones together than scraped off the excess with a finger or trowel so it didn't stick out but came right to the edge) but the stones still had parallax dents and lumps.
Yes, I actually agree that this texture shouldn't really sink the mortar, barely at all. But I like when the parallax map defines the edges of each stone a bit. I think I'll upload both the normal mapped version and the parallax mapped version, so people can pick the version they prefer.
Those look awesome! I'm assuming you're either using a build of OpenMW with shadows, or not using OpenMW at all. Either way, looks great!
raevol

Post by raevol »

Yes, these look great!
lysol

Post by lysol »

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46413

So I released the mod.

I wanted to use the atlas meshes, but I ran into some troubles with it. Here are some screenshots documenting the issues. If the problems can get solved, I will of course upload a new version, because project atlas is a great idea.
1Mac

Post by 1Mac »

You've probably already seen these, but there are a couple of posts on Nexus that might be related to your problem.
lysol

Post by lysol »

1Mac wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 02:17 You've probably already seen these, but there are a couple of posts on Nexus that might be related to your problem.
Nope, I had not. Thanks! I'll research some more later when I have the time.
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

At the risk of being yelled at for bringing this thread back from the dead, I was wondering if Lysol has made any more progress towards atlasing any of his texture packs since he last posted here, and whether or not he was still working on any further textures.

Also, this thread hardly seems off-topic. It could probably be moved to the modding forum.
lysol

Post by lysol »

There was no modding forum back when this thread was created IIRC. Otherwise I would have obviously put it there instead.

Nope, I haven't, sorry. I started out with the imperial forts, but ran into issues with the parallax map. It simply isn't compatible with the atlas as of now.