Looking for some good headphones for Linux/Windows

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Enderson5Bairstow

Re: Looking for some good headphones for Linux/Windows

Post by Enderson5Bairstow »

Ravenwing wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 17:36 Lol, can't wait for all of the pretentious audiophiles to come out of the woodwork. They do sometimes have a point though, I would agree that a good pair of stereo top bluetooth headphones will be much higher quality than a great pair of surround "gaming" headphones. I'm not sure how important sound fidelity is to you, but I listen to a wide range of classical music and game a lot, but never with the kind of twitch reaction games where sound location is really important. Good thing about a normal set of headphones is you'll have no problem being compatible with all platforms. At the end of the day though, they're your ears; if you can try out a few different pairs, that will be way more helpful than a bunch of us randos on the internet.

As to the HTRF, let me know if this is hijacking your thread Greywander, but I would very much like to know how to enable it properly on Windows in OpenMW. I tried googling it a couple times and never really got anywhere.
Is there a way to get HRTF working on Windows?
Chris

Re: Looking for some good headphones for Linux/Windows

Post by Chris »

Enderson5Bairstow wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 08:05 Is there a way to get HRTF working on Windows?
Ensure the device is configured as Headphones in Windows (not speakers, or virtual surround sound), and is set to a sane sample rate like 48khz or 44.1khz. With OpenAL Soft 1.18 or newer, it should automatically enable HRTF in-game.