tes3cmd improved

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
eddie5

tes3cmd improved

Post by eddie5 » 10 May 2020, 16:38

This is John Moonsugar's tes3cmd 0.40-PRE-RELEASE-2 from https://github.com/john-moonsugar/tes3c ... er/tes3cmd with the following hacks by me:
- it will accept files with the owmaddon extension now (hopefully I got all the checks)
- the clean command will accept --ignore-type and --ignore-id and NOT clean those particular things. Multiple types and/or IDs can be specified.
John released this under the MIT license (q.v.).
tes3cmd.zip
(77.71 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

eddie5

Re: tes3cmd improved

Post by eddie5 » 03 Jul 2020, 23:06

This version I've semi-fixed the "active" command / flag and also made it accept omwaddons and omwgames. Having done so I decided it now identifies as omwcmd rather than tes3cmd - "It" is still its preferred pronoun ofc ;)

This means you can do things like:
$ omwcmd clean --active
To clean all the plugins your .cfg would load (& only those).

$ omwcmd active
will list (full paths to) active plugins.

What doesn't work:
the --on / --off flags to the active command are not implemented (doesn't seem worth it, use the excellent launcher).
Windows. I don't know how to find your .cfg if you're on Windows, sorry. It should work if you change the
die "I don't know how to find OpenMW on Windows yet!\n";
line to:
$checkdir = "PATH_TO_FOLDER_WITH_OPENMW.CFG";

Enjoy!
omwcmd.zip
(77.72 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

silentthief

Post by silentthief » 04 Jul 2020, 17:29

tes3cmd is an awesome utility for Morrowind. It was how I was able to search through all the trapped containers/doors when I was trying to make the thief and trap expansion mod (still incomplete/unpublished). It works VERY well for Morrowind, and would be a nice addition if it includes openmw files

That being said, I thought that openmw did not need cleaning (perhaps I am wrong)

ST - The guy who has been wrong before
"You like to dance close to the fire, don't you?."

eddie5

Post by eddie5 » 04 Jul 2020, 18:46

There's cleaning saves and then there's cleaning mods. This won't handle .OMWSAVE files well. They're a different format than anything it knows.
You can see what the loadlist of a save is with "dump --type tes3 SAVEFILE", but it'll be somewhere in the middle of a vast sea of error messages and that's about all this tool can do with OMWSAVEs. But it's great for cleaning mods and for weird queries - I've used it for things like finding all the potential companions in my loadlist or all the cells containing respawning vampires in the vanilla Morowind.esm. Also the "modify --replace" functionality and ability to diff mods I find super useful.