Would it be possible to recreate The Last Witness Mod for OpenMW?

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Syrophir

Would it be possible to recreate The Last Witness Mod for OpenMW?

Post by Syrophir »

Hi all!

I have recently come across this mod on Nexus: The Last Witness (https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mod ... escription) which basically adds more immersion to the bounty system of the game. It is an MSE mod / Lua-script so it doesn't work with OpenMW without some heavy editing.

I am pretty new to the Morrowind/OpenMW scripting world, but I am going to go through the reference documentation and peeking into a few mods with a goal to create a omwaddon-file with a similar script within it, BUT if someone, more experienced modder, here wanted to give it a try or even please let me know if this mod cannot easily be recreated for OpenMW, I would then know to not put too much time into it.

Thanks!
Capostrophic

Re: Would it be possible to recreate The Last Witness Mod for OpenMW?

Post by Capostrophic »

No, it's impossible to implement using mwscript.
Syrophir

Post by Syrophir »

Okay thanks. :|
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Stuff that currently requires MWSE (Lua or old-style) should eventually be recreatable when OpenMW gets its new scripting system. It's going to end up pretty similar to the Lua server scripts TES3MP uses, so you can consider that a prototype if you want to see if you can recreate this in TES3MP right now - it might already be possible.