Bending at waist up/down

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
barlor

Bending at waist up/down

Post by barlor »

Currently this is specific to marksman weapons for the most part, I can't seem to find a way to extend this for melee weapons. To clarify, here are some images:

I want this:

To be like this:

Can't find any info on how this is working. Looked through bodyparts, meshes, I have no idea where to start. Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction
akortunov

Re: Bending at waist up/down

Post by akortunov »

Your screenshots have a very low resolution, but I suppose it is a "pitch factor" feature. It is hardcoded for ranged weapons.
barlor

Post by barlor »

I figured it was a hardcoded thing, but I'm not very knowledgeable with editing animations. Going to tinker around some more with it. Maybe there is a flag which allows a weapon to do this or something, I'm being hopeful lol.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

barlor wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 17:48 Maybe there is a flag which allows a weapon to do this or something, I'm being hopeful lol.
There is no "flag" for such thing. This bechaviour is hardcoded and works differently for different ranged weapon types.
barlor

Post by barlor »

If that block was this:

Code: Select all

mAnimation->setPitchFactor(0.f);
if (mWeaponType == WeapType_BowAndArrow ||
    mWeaponType == WeapType_Thrown ||
    mWeaponType == WeapType_HandToHand ||
    mWeaponType == WeapType_TwoHand ||
    mWeaponType == WeapType_TwoWide ||
    mWeaponType == WeapType_PickProbe ||
    mWeaponType == WeapType_Spell ||
    mWeaponType == WeapType_OneHand ||
    mWeaponType == WeapType_Crossbow)
That would work if I compiled my own client right? I guess I would still need to update any other file that references this block too. I dunno, I'm not that experienced with this kind of thing.