I made a mini mod for OpenMW and need some feedback.

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Kloppix

I made a mini mod for OpenMW and need some feedback.

Post by Kloppix »

I finally made a mod (Yay!) in order to learn the CS and now I’m thinking about uploading it, but I want some feedback first. I want to know if there are bugs, if the idea of the mod is o.k. and how many crimes against english grammar did I commit. ( I’m not a native speaker )

Download here -> http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=194 ... 6974511414

From the Readme:

“ I see you have 6 Comberries that you just picked up directly from a plant in the Ascadian Isles, outlander. Well, somebody stole a Comberry from my shop in Dagon Fel three months ago! NOW YOU DIE!!!! ”

Morrowind don’t manage stolen items quite well. This mod allows you to bring stolen items to the Thieves Guild in Balmora and hide them while things cool down. After 3 days you can pick up your items again and even sell them back to the original owner. The service is cheap, but is even cheaper if you belong to the Guild. To start, speak to a Khajiit named Ja’bar at the docks of Ebonheart.
(Only works with OpenMW)

<Beginning of unnecessary background>

How manage Morrowing stolen items?
Terrible! If you have 100 iron arrows in your inventory and you steal just 1 from a NPC, all arrows will be marked as stolen. That means you cannot trade iron arrows with this NPC ever again. Moreover, every time a Guard confiscate your items it will send all your iron arrows to the evidence chest over and over again.

How about OpenMW?
OpenMW handles this A LOT better. It keeps track how many items were actually stolen from a particular NPC. If you stole 5 arrows from NPC-A and 3 from NPC-B only 8 arrows will be confiscated and sent to the evidence chest. After that, the stolen tags will be deleted for both NPCs (and yes, you can trade iron arrows again with both NPCs).

However, this is only possible when you pay fines or go to prison. That means that if you don’t have a bounty, you cannot untag your stolen stuff. Another problem is that paying the fines via the Thieves Guild won’t untag anything because there is no evidence chest.

<End of unnecessary background>
Last edited by Kloppix on 29 Oct 2018, 17:56, edited 2 times in total.
klorax

Re: I made a mini mod for OpenMW and need some feedback.

Post by klorax »

Kloppix wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 21:52 I finally made a mod (Yay!) in order to learn the CS and now I’m thinking about uploading it, but I want some feedback first. I want to know if there are bugs, if the idea of the mod is o.k. and how many crimes against english grammar did I commit. ( I’m not a native speaker )

Nice, always good with more modders! :D Sounds like a good idea for a mod.

I am not able to test the mod now, but have read the text (also not native english speaker, but not too bad either) and it seemed fine. However, I would not agree that "unnecessary background" is unnecessary though, I found it informative!

Edit:
Should probably be something like:
How does Morrowind manage stolen items?
Kloppix

Post by Kloppix »

klorax wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 12:41
Kloppix wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 21:52 I finally made a mod (Yay!) in order to learn the CS and now I’m thinking about uploading it, but I want some feedback first. I want to know if there are bugs, if the idea of the mod is o.k. and how many crimes against english grammar did I commit. ( I’m not a native speaker )

Nice, always good with more modders! :D Sounds like a good idea for a mod.

I am not able to test the mod now, but have read the text (also not native english speaker, but not too bad either) and it seemed fine. However, I would not agree that "unnecessary background" is unnecessary though, I found it informative!

Edit:
Should probably be something like:
How does Morrowind manage stolen items?
Thank you Klorax!
Even Morrowind was spelled wrong in that line. :lol:
Teskal

Post by Teskal »

Reviving old posts, terrible for the 2nd post in this forum, but

I really hope someone has this mini mod. The link does not work anymore.