How do we delete an object from the scene?

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Equinox

How do we delete an object from the scene?

Post by Equinox »

I have selected an object, press 'del' key, but it dont work. Is it not implemented yet?
Zini

Re: How do we delete an object from the scene?

Post by Zini »

We are still missing plenty of keyboard shortcuts (remember, OpenMW-CS is still very incomplete). Right now the only option is via the tool menu. Right click on the selection mode button (the last in in the toolbar on the left), and click on "Delete Selected Instances".
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Zini wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 10:25 We are still missing plenty of keyboard shortcuts (remember, OpenMW-CS is still very incomplete). Right now the only option is via the tool menu. Right click on the selection mode button (the last in in the toolbar on the left), and click on "Delete Selected Instances".
Do we have an issue in GitLab for adding this? I searched for a bit, but couldn't find one.
Equinox

Post by Equinox »

Zini wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 10:25 We are still missing plenty of keyboard shortcuts (remember, OpenMW-CS is still very incomplete). Right now the only option is via the tool menu. Right click on the selection mode button (the last in in the toolbar on the left), and click on "Delete Selected Instances".
Thank you! At least the option is available for us modders, thats all that matters for now. [thumbs up]
Zini

Post by Zini »

No, we don't have an issue. There are plenty of missing features in OpenMW-CS that don't have issues yet. I am adding them as we approach the point where their implementation becomes feasible (still some stuff that will require some heavy thinking before we can write it down as an issue).

As for keyboard shortcuts, the idea was to add them last. This way we have a complete list of all functions and can assign default shortcuts in one go without constantly having to look back to avoid duplicates. With the amount of shortcuts we have, I suspect that this will be a real problem.
Ravenwing

Post by Ravenwing »

Why not just have a config file that allows the user to change all shortcuts? Admittedly I can’t think of a single reason delete would not be connected to <del> but it seems like having it all in a single place would make this much easier.
Zini

Post by Zini »

We have keyboard shortcuts in the user settings file and we also have the GUI for it. We just didn't get around to add shortcuts for all the functions yet.
absurd

Post by absurd »

I am having a similar issue. I can add objects to a scene and delete those objects, but not the vanilla objects already in the scene. Is there an option that has these objects protected from being deleted? I can easily just push them into the ground but I'd rather remove them entirely obviously. Just making a basic fortress for myself potentially with a few quest lines.