New Sword

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Frik

New Sword

Post by Frik »

Greetings,

Wondering what y'all think of this sword? I plan on it being a reward for my next mod, which will be a quest mod. The base nif (before tweaking) came from UIX assets. It's been fully retextured /w a little glow (emisive color) added.

Suggestions/Critiques?

Thanks!
jirka642

Re: New Sword

Post by jirka642 »

That blade looks a bit too colourful to me. So much, that it looks more like a paint rather then a blade made from weird metal.

Maybe try to remove the very dark blue colour, so its mostly combination of just black and red...
Frik

Post by Frik »

Thank you for your feedback.

I had initially textured the blade using black. I also tried a glowing red blade, as well, I thought about having the blade solid black with some glowing Deadric lettering, but that has been done so many times before I was going for something a bit different.

I've modified the blade to remove the blue and replace with pure black. It looks pretty good without the blue. How do you think this one turned out?
jirka642

Post by jirka642 »

I think it looks better, in a cool way. :)
Frik

Post by Frik »

I agree. Comparing them side by side, the all black blade is better.

I placed the sword into the game. It looks pretty cool and works well. I've enchanted with paralyze, poison & soul trap, so it should be a handy item for the intrepid adventurer. 8-)

I'd really like to add some simple particle effects, if I can just figure out how to do it. ;)

Thanks again!