Natural Character Growth and Decay - An OpenMW Leveling Mod

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
LoneWolf

Re: Natural Character Growth and Decay - An OpenMW Leveling Mod

Post by LoneWolf » 10 Oct 2017, 14:35

I may have been a bit to mysterious / technical in my previous post, so i'll try to explain what i found.

The ncgdmw readme and spreadsheet suggest the contribution to attributes from primary / secondary / tertiary skills goes like this :

primary : secondary : tertiary = 4 : 2 : 1

The used code however results in this ratio :
primary : secondary : tertiary = 2 : 1.41 : 1

In other words , having 50 skill in 2x tertiary endurance skills ( say blunt weapon & alchemy ) contributes the same to endurance as having 50 in 1x primary endurance skill like block .
Having 50 skill in 2x secondary endurance skills (say athlettics & light armor ) contributes more to endurance than 50 in 1x primary endurance skill .

This makes primary skills feel very undervalued and i think the calculation needs to be changed.

I do like ncgdmw and the cap removal method used by greywander is ingenious but it does have issues that need correction.

another example:
Quest rewards that change atttributes like the 2 strength increase from returning Cloudcleaver to Hlormar Wine-Sot don't work.

I do hope greywander is subscribed to this thread.

jonimacarroni

Post by jonimacarroni » 22 Oct 2017, 12:36

Just to inform that this mod has stopped working on the newest nightlies. As soon as you get out of the census office and click to select the levelling speed the game crashes to desktop.

Amenophis

Post by Amenophis » 22 Oct 2017, 14:13

You should report that to Team. We are near to a new release and such regression would be very annoying.
http://bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/activity
My fixes and tweaks on vanilla and modded quests for Morrowind.
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43107/?