Natural Character Growth and Decay - An OpenMW Leveling Mod

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Capostrophic

Re: Natural Character Growth and Decay - An OpenMW Leveling Mod

Post by Capostrophic »

g number format is short for General formatting and it makes the number use the shortest notation, either normal or scientific, for the given number of significant digits. Morrowind number formatting generally works the same as C printf.

The behavior of that flag is incorrect in 0.44.0, FYI. It was corrected during 0.45.0 development.
20XX

Post by 20XX »

Does your regen mod work with tes3mp? I tried using it but it didnt seem to add any regen while I had 50<willpower/endurance. Maybe the scripts hadn't started because I wasn't using a new character.
Falc

Post by Falc »

I'm getting some rather strange messages when attributes change: https://imgur.com/a/3F2SoWF
I'm using the latest nightlies.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Decided to give this mod another go, after a couple of openmw updates and an update to the mod I hoped it would work out the box. It does not.

As well as a single integer update to a skill displaying in e format it seems to make random changes to stats. I started a new character using the alt start script, having carefully crafted my abilities and skills to where I want to start ncgd immediately increased some abilities on starting it which was disconcerting but maybe I could live with it.

After a couple of days I started noticing skills level up as expected and later abilities started creeping up, obviously I chose the slowest growth and quickest decay rates even though the slowest growth is still to fast. I then suddenly noticed after some time playing my speed and luck were set to 0 and shortly afterwards I got a couple of messages about an ncgd error, it expected my speed to be 16 but got 15 and my luck to be 20 but got 19, I could choose to accept or revert the values, but it made no difference which I picked they stayed at 0.

A couple of days later while sleeping my short sword skill jumped up 10 points, my speed reset itself (plus one from skill updates) and my luck was now 40. So luck had started at 15, on start up ncgd set it to 17, skill updates moved it to 20 though ncgd reset it to 0 and a few days later it went to 40 while in my sleep.

This seems totally unreliable.
Cammera

Post by Cammera »

After uninstalling this mod because it doesn't work in the nighties illusion, restoration, and alteration seem to be frozen and unable to progress. Setting them to different values via the console and using trainers to level them doesn't help.
Here is my save, anyone got any idea of how to fix it?
darkbasic

Post by darkbasic »

I have a question about this mod: which skills do contribute to raise your attributes? Only major and minor skills or all of them?
Scal

Post by Scal »

Hi

This might fall on deaf ears as it appears Graywander hasn't been here since June? But there's a pretty huge bug and a pretty huge concern i have with this mod.

First the bug. this isn't a big deal for me right now, but I wanted to "head cannon" a fallen immortal god, so i was going to do some classic Morrowind cheese of drain skill 100-100 1s and hit a trainer up, i don't remember what my skill was before, i think 50 as i used the trainer for a bit before remembering the cheese, but i quickly jumped to level 24 with a skill of 149, this never went away.

again not a big deal, 149 is plenty for a fallen god. but my worry is that other drain skill effects would do this as well.

The big concern. Capping at 75 + an effect would prevent me from advancing in any faction right? Factions require a certain base skill level for advancement, up to 90 for the final one.

does this mod make it so you can become the head of a faction?
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

Scal wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 06:22 The big concern. Capping at 75 + an effect would prevent me from advancing in any faction right? Factions require a certain base skill level for advancement, up to 90 for the final one.

does this mod make it so you can become the head of a faction?
That's actually not exactly how it works. Okay, so here's the deal -- you can actually hit 99 in a skill and have that as your base. However, when you hit 100, you immediately drop back down to 75 and get an additional 25 points in constant effect bonus, leaving you with a base skill of 75. You can advance in factions, even all the way, but you may find yourself leveling a skill too much and have to train more to get the base value back up to the required level in order to advance again. It's at least slightly perverse in that it pits game mechanics against each other in a weird way, but not as serious as you're worried about.
darkbasic wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 08:47 I have a question about this mod: which skills do contribute to raise your attributes? Only major and minor skills or all of them?
All of them. Major and minor skills still determine your level, though, which in turn factors into things like max health.
Falc

Post by Falc »

I'm getting some slightly strange error messages when levelling up skills and I'm not sure if its due to a mod conflict or this mod.

First message:
https://i.imgur.com/rqvG1BX.png
Is it normal to get messages saying my skill has increased to two different values at the same time?

Second message:
https://i.imgur.com/KQSIoMV.png
Is it normal to get this message, or do I have a mod conflict going on?
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

Falc wrote: 20 Jul 2020, 09:39 I'm getting some slightly strange error messages when levelling up skills and I'm not sure if its due to a mod conflict or this mod.

First message:
https://i.imgur.com/rqvG1BX.png
Is it normal to get messages saying my skill has increased to two different values at the same time?
No, it's not normal, which suggests a mod conflict.
Second message:
https://i.imgur.com/KQSIoMV.png
Is it normal to get this message, or do I have a mod conflict going on?
Yes, it's normal. Something similar was seen in GCD as I recall (a somewhat similar levelling mod for vanilla MW).
When one of your skills gets close to 100 progress slows and your first skill improvement is treated as "half way", so you need to improve again for it to register.

Loriel