Natural Character Growth and Decay - An OpenMW Leveling Mod

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Capostrophic

Re: Natural Character Growth and Decay - An OpenMW Leveling Mod

Post by Capostrophic » 26 Nov 2018, 20:56

g number format is short for General formatting and it makes the number use the shortest notation, either normal or scientific, for the given number of significant digits. Morrowind number formatting generally works the same as C printf.

The behavior of that flag is incorrect in 0.44.0, FYI. It was corrected during 0.45.0 development.

20XX

Post by 20XX » 28 Nov 2018, 20:03

Does your regen mod work with tes3mp? I tried using it but it didnt seem to add any regen while I had 50<willpower/endurance. Maybe the scripts hadn't started because I wasn't using a new character.

Falc

Post by Falc » 20 May 2019, 21:56

I'm getting some rather strange messages when attributes change: https://imgur.com/a/3F2SoWF
I'm using the latest nightlies.

Tinker

Post by Tinker » 16 Jun 2019, 14:14

Decided to give this mod another go, after a couple of openmw updates and an update to the mod I hoped it would work out the box. It does not.

As well as a single integer update to a skill displaying in e format it seems to make random changes to stats. I started a new character using the alt start script, having carefully crafted my abilities and skills to where I want to start ncgd immediately increased some abilities on starting it which was disconcerting but maybe I could live with it.

After a couple of days I started noticing skills level up as expected and later abilities started creeping up, obviously I chose the slowest growth and quickest decay rates even though the slowest growth is still to fast. I then suddenly noticed after some time playing my speed and luck were set to 0 and shortly afterwards I got a couple of messages about an ncgd error, it expected my speed to be 16 but got 15 and my luck to be 20 but got 19, I could choose to accept or revert the values, but it made no difference which I picked they stayed at 0.

A couple of days later while sleeping my short sword skill jumped up 10 points, my speed reset itself (plus one from skill updates) and my luck was now 40. So luck had started at 15, on start up ncgd set it to 17, skill updates moved it to 20 though ncgd reset it to 0 and a few days later it went to 40 while in my sleep.

This seems totally unreliable.
Arch Linux - rolling release, always up to date, often partly broken.