Is there a way to add an ability more than once?

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Greywander

Is there a way to add an ability more than once?

Post by Greywander »

So I'm making great progress with my leveling mod, I have it all scripted so that attributes are influenced by skills and can go over 100. Now I'm working on making skills go over 100. At the moment, the best I've been able to come up with is to check when a skill's base value is greater than or equal to 100, then subtract 10 and slap a +10 Fortify Skill ability on the player.

The problem seems to be that it won't add the ability more than once. It seems like my only recourse is to create multiple spells and layer them on as needed. This necessarily increases the complexity of the script and sets a hard limit on how high your skills can go (depending on how many spells I create). I can make this work, but I thought I'd ask if someone else might have some other ideas.
DestinedToDie

Re: Is there a way to add an ability more than once?

Post by DestinedToDie »

Take a look at corprus. I believe the daily worsening of the disease is essentially adding the ability multiple times.
MiroslavR

Re: Is there a way to add an ability more than once?

Post by MiroslavR »

Corprus is hard-coded, not scripted. Nothing can be learned from it.