How to do a simple object swap in OpenMW-cs?

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Fizzol

How to do a simple object swap in OpenMW-cs?

Post by Fizzol »

I've been using OpenMW for a while, and while I'm pretty familiar with it, I haven't used OpenMW-cs much at all. I'm hoping there's an easy way to do what I'm looking for.

I've been using Mori Mountain Estate as my home in Balmora, and it works really well so far in OpenMW. There are a lot of moveable mannequins in the house, which is nice, but there's a bug that causes them to vanish and take your items with them. This bug occurs in regular MW as well, so it's not a problem specific to OpenMW.

Since I don't really need them to be moveable, what I'd like to do is simply change every instance of the two moveable mannequins (marcmannequin_f and marcmannequin_m) into the static marc_mannequin_23 which doesn't suffer from this bug. Is there a simple edit I can do for this, or do I need to go into the cell view and manually delete the old mannequins and hand place and position the new ones?

Thanks.
DestinedToDie

Re: How to do a simple object swap in OpenMW-cs?

Post by DestinedToDie »

There would be a simple edit if you were switching out a static object with another static object. However you are switching a container with a static object. In both OpenMW-CS and Morrowind CS you would need to delete the containers and manually place statics.
Fizzol

Post by Fizzol »

Thanks, I'll do that for the 6 most visible ones, and see if the rest up and poof at some point.
EvilEye
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/Assumeru

Post by EvilEye »

DestinedToDie wrote:In both OpenMW-CS and Morrowind CS you would need to delete the containers and manually place statics.
TESCS has a search and replace feature which allows one to replace objects by id in a cell (or all cells) with other objects.
Of course if they're not the same size you'd need to manually correct their positioning.

The search and replace feature in OpenMW-CS only seems to work with text, unfortunately.
Fizzol

Post by Fizzol »

EvilEye wrote:
DestinedToDie wrote:In both OpenMW-CS and Morrowind CS you would need to delete the containers and manually place statics.
TESCS has a search and replace feature which allows one to replace objects by id in a cell (or all cells) with other objects.
Of course if they're not the same size you'd need to manually correct their positioning.

The search and replace feature in OpenMW-CS only seems to work with text, unfortunately.
Thanks!

My first attempt had a bunch of missing mannequins and two Librarians :shock: My second try has all the right mannequins and only one Librarian, looks good so far. Thanks again.