Alternate Travel Mod *WIP*

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
WMan64

Alternate Travel Mod *WIP*

Post by WMan64 »

I am currently working (taking a break) on an OpenMW mod that let's you not only go from one Silt Strider to any other one but also make it so to go to those places one must 'discover' it. Discovery is done by talking to a Silt Strider (Caravaner) NPC. There will be a message in the text and a sound (the level up sound) that indicates that you have discovered that place. I still haven't done the boats and you can still use the vanilla travel methods (for testing) but the Silt Striders are pretty much done. I'm hoping to add a quest related to the Silt Strider NPCs (which can actually be semi-seen if you talk to the Seyda Neen Silt Stider NPC) and the Boat NPCs.

Download
Spoiler: Show
How to install
Spoiler: Show
Last edited by WMan64 on 01 Jul 2018, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
c083d4

Re: Better Travel Mod *WIP*

Post by c083d4 »

This mod looks very good. This would be like abotSiltStriders and abotBoats but OpenMW-Compatible, right?

Since Rebirth 4.1 is also compatible with OpenMW, it would be nice if you could make this mod Rebirth-Compatible (abotSiltStriders and abotBoats are neither compatible wiht Rebirth)
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

Looks as if it requires the "Seige at Firemoth" expansion, which I don't currently have installed.

Loriel
raevol

Post by raevol »

Loriel wrote:Looks as if it requires the "Seige at Firemoth" expansion, which I don't currently have installed.
It's an official mod, download it here: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Siege_at_Firemoth
WMan64

Post by WMan64 »

I started working on the now renamed "Alternate Travel" ("Better Travel" is too subjective) again and as I personally use Rebirth, I would like to make a patch for it. If anyone could supply me with some info on the travel routes it adds/changes, it would be much appreciated. Also I'm not sure if I will add "Alternate Travel" to boats (at the very least not the same kind of "Alternate Travel") because it doesn't really make sense that you would swim across water to "discover" Solstheim for example. If anyone has any suggestions on how I would go about implementing boat travel, it would be appreciated. Another problem I'm facing is whether I should remove the default travel systems. Even if I did decide I wanted to, I don't know how I would go about this (or if I even can). I've also removed the Firemoth requirement and I am going to make it an optional plugin (if I do boats). I am not going to bother with Tamriel Rebuilt because while I used to use it, I decided I would not use it if I used Rebirth for issues regarding balance (and I'd rather have Rebirth than TR). Again it would be much appreciated if anyone could help me with any of the above problems.
kuyondo

Re: Alternate Travel Mod *WIP*

Post by kuyondo »

Im using UMOPP which put all bethesda officials plugins in one. So since this plugin insist on requiring siege at firemoth.esp plugin, although its already installed with UMOPP, OpenMW makes the mod unplayable(or partly working). There are many players that use UMOPP so should take that into consideration.