Natural Character Growth and Decay - An OpenMW Leveling Mod

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Greywander

Re: Natural Character Growth and Decay - An OpenMW Leveling Mod

Post by Greywander » 27 May 2017, 19:50

Version 2.0 is now up.

Your Intelligence and level now factor in to decay, with decay getting faster as your level increases and slower as your Intelligence increases.
You are now notified on attribute increases, and on skill/attribute decays.

Zeofig

Post by Zeofig » 03 Aug 2017, 09:41

This is really cool. Intelligence affecting skill decay is a nice touch.

Naugrim

Post by Naugrim » 04 Aug 2017, 23:18

I found an issue when using the mod in a multi-player server. I know it's a odd request and I don't really know if this can be fixed, or if it's worth the effort since multiplayer is in early stages, but just wanted to report it.

Thing is the configuration popup appears during character creation messing with it. If you press any button before chosing a name, the interface gets stuck and You need to kill the process.
If you complete the name/password step, the mod starts showing the attributes values before you chose race and class, and then a popup indicating that something went wrong appears.

When logging into an already created character, the script triggers but no changes happen :/
My opinions are my own. I am just a thankful user of OpenMW with no affiliation with the dev team.

MithrilLeaf

Post by MithrilLeaf » 10 Aug 2017, 01:27

I would also be interested in this mod working well for multiplayer, but that will probably require the next version which should come out later this month. There is interest though.

Loriel

Post by Loriel » 10 Aug 2017, 07:06

Naugrim wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 23:18
I found an issue when using the mod in a multi-player server. I know it's a odd request and I don't really know if this can be fixed, or if it's worth the effort since multiplayer is in early stages, but just wanted to report it.

Thing is the configuration popup appears during character creation messing with it. If you press any button before chosing a name, the interface gets stuck and You need to kill the process.
If you complete the name/password step, the mod starts showing the attributes values before you chose race and class, and then a popup indicating that something went wrong appears.

When logging into an already created character, the script triggers but no changes happen :/
There is a similar, but less serious, issue with the "Morrowind Comes Alive" mod ("MCA").

After character creation, exiting the census office starts the configuration dialog for ngcd. After the first question, it switches to a similar configuration dialog for MCA. On completion for MCA, it switches back to continue with the ngcd configuration dialog.

No harm done, but the switching is a bit confusing.

Loriel

Naugrim

Post by Naugrim » 11 Aug 2017, 06:55

This is expected.
For mods that trigger scripts at the beginning, it would be nice that Tes3MP published some event or variable so that mods where aware they are not in the single player runtime and could adapt.
Or it could just delay those script after creation.
My opinions are my own. I am just a thankful user of OpenMW with no affiliation with the dev team.

nia817

Post by nia817 » 13 Aug 2017, 09:17

Stupid question, but how do I know if the mod is working? I enabled the mod via the openMW launcher, started a new game, and selected a class; however, my stats seem to be as if they are normal.

Naugrim

Post by Naugrim » 13 Aug 2017, 10:32

A configuration popup should appear when you exit the "Census & excise office", or when you load an old game.