OpenMW 0.44.0 Released!

Feel free to discuss here about news on our blog
raevol

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0 Released!

Post by raevol »

Atahualpa wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 18:51 Sorry, raevol, I didn't mean to put pressure on you. I should have posted this in the release thread anyway. My bad.

Have a nice trip! - And thank you for the smooth release, especially since half the team is on holiday.
No worries!! Sorry if I sounded defensive, I'm more trying to convince myself haha. And thank you and everyone for the smooth release too! It's only from working together for so long that this ship keeps sailing!
Violetnred

Post by Violetnred »

i'd like to mention two changes that are subjectively bad:
Player movement from one directional key is now nullified if the opposite directional key is also pressed (#4233)
this makes using fast directional weapon attacks consistently much harder
Taking owned items is no longer considered a crime if the owner is dead (#4328)
exploitable, since it's arguably easier to kill a person than to steal expensive item without being noticed.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Hm. Not that much.
exploitable, since it's arguably easier to kill a person than to steal expensive item without being noticed.
1. This is how it works in Morrowind.
2. You still can't steal an expensive item when someone's watching you without committing a crime, it's just that it won't get added to stolen items, so it can't be confiscated by guards if they didn't notice you stealing it.
Violetnred

Post by Violetnred »

Capostrophic wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 10:08
Hm. Not that much.
previously one directional movement button could be held, while it's opposite could be pressed to change movement direction without failing to perform a correct type of attack. now this will result in standing still and performing a chop.
Capostrophic wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 10:08
1. This is how it works in Morrowind.
2. You still can't steal an expensive item when someone's watching you without committing a crime, it's just that it won't get added to stolen items, so it can't be confiscated by guards if they didn't notice you stealing it.
1. then i'm fine with that, thanks.
2. oh. sounds a bit weird, but ok. thank you again for calrification.