OpenMW-launcher just got an advanced settings menu

Feel free to discuss here about news on our blog
Candiety

Re: OpenMW-launcher just got an advanced settings menu

Post by Candiety »

lysol wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 14:43 No, not really except what you already mentioned. Go for it. :)
I tried it, but I saw that the graphics options have been removed so reverted back to play on the safe side. I'm about to mod everything, so no risks (ish). I can't wait to see the feature in full swing though.

-Link to most recent nightly build, for people with more balls than me-
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

I tried it, but I saw that the graphics options have been removed so reverted back to play on the safe side.
Nope, they weren't. You can still edit settings.cfg manually as always could and the launcher won't (can't) break them. And it can't reset values on settings it does manage either, unless you change the value yourself through it.
Candiety

Post by Candiety »

Capostrophic wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 16:49
I tried it, but I saw that the graphics options have been removed so reverted back to play on the safe side.
Nope, they weren't. You can still edit settings.cfg manually as always could and the launcher won't (can't) break them. And it can't reset values on settings it does manage either, unless you change the value yourself through it.
Sorry yes, I know what you can still edit with settings.cfg, I just meant to that the option to (indirectly) do so had at some point been removed from the new advanced settings menu.

Thanks though.
xirsoi

Post by xirsoi »

I don't know if it's supposed to, but this topic doesn't show on the home page as a news item.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

xirsoi wrote: 22 Feb 2018, 02:11 I don't know if it's supposed to, but this topic doesn't show on the home page as a news item.
Looks to me that it does on the English page, but not the Polish or Russian one.
DecumusScotti

Post by DecumusScotti »

How can I get that menu in Ubuntu? I built from source, after cloning from https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

DecumusScotti wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 22:55 How can I get that menu in Ubuntu? I built from source, after cloning from https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw.
I can’t think of any reason it wouldn’t show up in Ubuntu. Double check to make sure you have the latest source and if you do, open a new thread in the support section with any log messages you get when you build.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Make sure you are not running the old system openmw binaries (that the deb packages are installed)?
DecumusScotti

Post by DecumusScotti »

Right. I think I was still using the release version. After removing it via package manager and building again, it works now. Wow, that was rather stupid. Well, a lifetime of Windows still has its effect on me...
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

"./openmw" runs the version in the current folder. "openmw" runs the installed version. This has shot me in the foot when trying to test changes under Linux, too.