OpenMW multiplayer is here!

Feel free to discuss here about news on our blog
Xenuria

Re: OpenMW multiplayer is here!

Post by Xenuria »

My biggest issue with this is plugin convergence, Nobody is going to have the exact same plugins and load order as me simply because I have custom plugins I made myself for QoL stuff. Is there any way to relax that requirement or at least make it easier to switch between the two.
SmartGuar

Post by SmartGuar »

Xenuria wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 18:08 My biggest issue with this is plugin convergence, Nobody is going to have the exact same plugins and load order as me simply because I have custom plugins I made myself for QoL stuff. Is there any way to relax that requirement or at least make it easier to switch between the two.
I'm not sure what the differences are to regular OpenMW. In regular OpenMW you can just select a different load order, but this doesn't allow you to manage your data directories.
You should be able to back up your OpenMW config files and create seperate ones. By copying the config file that you want to use into place you can easily switch between two load orders and you don't have to add any data directories to your personal config file.
Xenuria

Post by Xenuria »

SmartGuar wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 20:45
Xenuria wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 18:08 My biggest issue with this is plugin convergence, Nobody is going to have the exact same plugins and load order as me simply because I have custom plugins I made myself for QoL stuff. Is there any way to relax that requirement or at least make it easier to switch between the two.
I'm not sure what the differences are to regular OpenMW. In regular OpenMW you can just select a different load order, but this doesn't allow you to manage your data directories.
You should be able to back up your OpenMW config files and create seperate ones. By copying the config file that you want to use into place you can easily switch between two load orders and you don't have to add any data directories to your personal config file.
The issues that are most glaring is that without plugins some textures for better bodies or better robes are missing or incorrect so I am a floating torso with no legs and other such problems. Not to mention the usual bright blue textures on misc items that occur in OpenMW.
SmartGuar

Post by SmartGuar »

Xenuria wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 14:35 The issues that are most glaring is that without plugins some textures for better bodies or better robes are missing or incorrect so I am a floating torso with no legs and other such problems. Not to mention the usual bright blue textures on misc items that occur in OpenMW.
I don’t understand you and don't see how this is related to what I wrote.
Secondly: Without plugins, there is no better bodies nor are there better robes, so there cannot be any missing textures.
When textures or models are missing that means quite the opposite: you still have your plugins but you have removed the models or textures. I hope that makes sense. :)

I'm convinced that my post above solves the issue that you described before. It's up to you, though, to manage your own load order.
HONKCLUWNE

Post by HONKCLUWNE »

You guys mentioned something about someone coding a battle royale gamemode during the alpha testing. Any info or download on that?
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

We had a server like that during alpha testing. I don't think the author (Urm) ever completed or widely distributed it. On 8chan someone else coded a similar thing where you only had 4 minutes to get ready. Might look there, if the thread is still up.
HONKCLUWNE

Post by HONKCLUWNE »

Hopefully he puts it up for download at some point, I'd be interested in checking out the script even if it's not fully finished.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I think it would be best to contact him if you're interested. He has an account on this forum.