Just a heads-up

Feel free to discuss here about news on our blog
DestinedToDie

Just a heads-up

Post by DestinedToDie »

OpenMW version 0.41.0 might be coming out in about a week or two.

To prepare for it, our new release manager raevol is putting together a changelog. Atahualpa is working on the release videos. Meanwhile, our developers have begun work on OpenMW version 0.42.0.

By the way, you can already do a test drive on OpenMW version 0.41.0. Technically it's not released yet, but during the release process, we try to give our Release Candidate packages some quick testing to see if they work out of the box. They are scattered around the last pages of this thread.

Sometimes our RCs have problems with OpenMW-CS, other times someone forgot to include an important component. If you encounter any problems, please tell us about it in the OpenMW 0.41.0 thread. And if everything runs smooth, let us know anyway, so we can be sure that the RCs have been tested.
sg1efc

Re: Just a heads-up

Post by sg1efc »

Thank you 8-)
raevol

Post by raevol »

Nice post DestinedToDie!
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

I agree, I saw this and was pretty excited!
aristoxene

Post by aristoxene »

Ce que vous faites est génial, continuez comme ça !

Your work is impressive, keep up the good work !

I actually play Morrowind with the 0.40 version of openwm, it's cool and stable.
Forrasy

Noob question

Post by Forrasy »

Hey, I have Morrowind GOTY and I have no idea how I can apply this mod. I've tried to find a turorial and i found some outdated ones. I read that you just need to run the exe in the morrowind folder but the .40 version doesn't come with one.. any help would be appreciated; I would love to replay this game in hd or at least widescreen. No matter what i try i also can't get MGE EX to work.
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

Hey Forrasy, welcome to the forum!

This wiki article has a lot of information for you to get started: https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... structions

If you have any more questions feel free to ask them in our support subforum: viewforum.php?f=8

Enjoy
Forrasy

Post by Forrasy »

Thanks!
silentthief

Re: Noob question

Post by silentthief »

Forrasy wrote:Hey, I have Morrowind GOTY and I have no idea how I can apply this mod. I've tried to find a turorial and i found some outdated ones. I read that you just need to run the exe in the morrowind folder but the .40 version doesn't come with one.. any help would be appreciated; I would love to replay this game in hd or at least widescreen. No matter what i try i also can't get MGE EX to work.
Also, one more thing to add as this has been stated implicitly in forums but is not stated implicitly in the FAQ

OpenMW does not support MGE/MWSE. There may be potential for expanding the vanilla scripting to have similar functions as MWSE -- which would mean some rewriting to make mods comnpatible, but MGE and other 3rd party extensions are not supported. When this hits 1.0, the graphics extenders should not be needed anyways

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1816&p=19054&hilit=MWE#p19054

ST
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

Good catch ST