Texture repository

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

Okulo

Texture repository

Post by Okulo »

Do we have a central repository for textures? It'd keep the file size down and the people who create these assets won't need to look very far for a decent texture for their objects if we collected our own pack from various sources instead of letting everyone take textures that may look very much alike.
hircine

Re: Texture repository

Post by hircine »

We don't currently have any sort of central repo for any of our stuff really.

At the moment its hosting via dropbox & other file hosting. Could we use something like Git for this task?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Git like other source revision control systems (svn,cvs,mercurial) are made for text and not binaries or anything compressed or otherwise not human readable.

A dropbox team account would be interesting, but I found this the other day to help my wife.
http://bomahy.nl/wordpress/?p=171

"SparkleShare is an Open Source (self hosted) file synchronisation and collaboration tool and is available for Linux distributions, Mac, and Windows.

SparkleShare creates a special folder on your computer in which projects are kept. All projects are automatically synced to their respective hosts (you can have multiple projects connected to different hosts) and to your team’s SparkleShare folders when someone adds, removes or edits a file.

SparkleShare uses the version control system Git under the hood.
Still based on git, but maybe there is ko other way aside from good old fashion ftp. :)

It could help for this sort of problem...
hircine

Post by hircine »

BrotherBrick wrote:Git like other source revision control systems (svn,cvs,mercurial) are made for text and not binaries or anything compressed or otherwise not human readable.

A dropbox team account would be interesting, but I found this the other day to help my wife.
http://bomahy.nl/wordpress/?p=171

"SparkleShare is an Open Source (self hosted) file synchronisation and collaboration tool and is available for Linux distributions, Mac, and Windows.

SparkleShare creates a special folder on your computer in which projects are kept. All projects are automatically synced to their respective hosts (you can have multiple projects connected to different hosts) and to your team’s SparkleShare folders when someone adds, removes or edits a file.

SparkleShare uses the version control system Git under the hood.
Still based on git, but maybe there is ko other way aside from good old fashion ftp. :)

It could help for this sort of problem...
sounds interesting, I will have a look into it :)
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Just for the record, I don't care what we use, as long as the team can easily get resources in common usage.

Note: Resources will be packaged in a BSA file. Singular. Anyone wishing to mod with the collective resources of the project will just need to download one BSA file if they just want to work on models and textures. The modeler will then need to inform either Hircine or myself and we'll update the master BSA file.
hircine

Post by hircine »

Greendogo wrote:Just for the record, I don't care what we use, as long as the team can easily get resources in common usage.

Note: Resources will be packaged in a BSA file. Singular. Anyone wishing to mod with the collective resources of the project will just need to download one BSA file if they just want to work on models and textures. The modeler will then need to inform either Hircine or myself and we'll update the master BSA file.
I think this software could be good for organizing everything. not just artwork. sounds, ESM/ESP files.