Music for OpenMW

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

sirherrbatka

Re: Music for OpenMW

Post by sirherrbatka »

I approve this idea! 8-)

Can we get tarball with all songs so far, please?
raevol

Post by raevol »

WeirdSexy, I think you should do whatever you think is best. It'd be cool to hear some new stuff in the videos, not that there's anything wrong with the old stuff.
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Ultimately whatever works, but my opinion is this:
Only if the video itself contains info about the example suit am I for using the music there.

Reasons:
1. Lots of questions will undoubtedly pop up that may be hard/annoying to answer, since we really haven't discussed neither the example suite nor opencs much in the videos yet (if at all). People are bound to ask, and answering may be tedious unless you explicitly explain both in the video, and that is probably premature.
2. Main focus of OpenMW is atm 1.0, i.e. a Morrowind replacement, nothing more.

The only pro I see by showcasing stuff from the example suite is that we can attract more people willing to help. But we really don't have much to show, especially before opencs and openmw are nearer completion.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Well we aren't going to be releasing any information on the Example Suite just yet.
Cassius

Post by Cassius »

Well WeirdSexy, I am completely happy for whatever! Any amount of exposure for me at this point is absolutely fabulous, all my music is free download anyway!

If you want, I'll scrub up all of my Orchestral stuff and send them your way so that you can pick and choose parts of each song or whatever you think is best.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Hmm. Of course I was planning on mentioning that the music would be included in our example suite. What I hadn't considered is that that would be premature. Greendogo and Lazaroth, you think simply stating "... will be included in our example suite. For those of you who don't know, the example suite will basically be a showcase for OpenMW that will allow users to download the engine and have something to play around with without having Morrowind installed on their machine. Think of it as a small total conversion that doesn't require Morrowind's assets." I could state as well that it is early in development and we don't have anything else to say at the moment, you get the idea.

It's not as though the example suite is classified. We just haven't mentioned it on YouTube. Still, I am sort of inclined to agree with it being a little too early. But let me know your opinions.

Cassius, regardless of what happens in the short term, I would like to start using your music in the videos eventually then :)

Unless by "scrub up" you meant some sort of remastering, I'm perfectly fine downloading your music on my own. Thank you.
Cassius

Post by Cassius »

Yeah I remastered/am remastering them a fair bit. I'll relink them to you when I'm done, it shan't take long.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

WeirdSexy, that's a great way to go about it.