Modern Artwork For OpenMW?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
sirherrbatka

Re: Modern Artwork For OpenMW?

Post by sirherrbatka »

Why not? Links are here to help users get information they want to get.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Well there is now the MW Sound and Graphics Overhall. Does everything that 2011 did without the controversy. Comes with its own installer and everything and is actively updated. I anticipate it being updated with a few more of the models I have made once I release them.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

The author of MO is registered on our forum and translates news already ;-)
Losted Shadows

Post by Losted Shadows »

Ok i can understand that. However there is something that might be a valid part of your project: If you play Morrowind... move foward, then stop... the animation just suddenly returns to standing. Its not particularly smooth, and I confident that it is not something a mod could fix, that part is the game engine. So perhaps you could look into a fix for that, something that blends the actions together, or adds the option for a half-way animation. You wouldn't have to actually do the animations(thought you probably have to if you want to test it).
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

Losted Shadows wrote:Ok i can understand that. However there is something that might be a valid part of your project: If you play Morrowind... move foward, then stop... the animation just suddenly returns to standing. Its not particularly smooth, and I confident that it is not something a mod could fix, that part is the game engine. So perhaps you could look into a fix for that, something that blends the actions together, or adds the option for a half-way animation. You wouldn't have to actually do the animations(thought you probably have to if you want to test it).
That's part of animation, not engine itself I think. And as Morrowind didn't have any transition animation, it just skipped from animation to animation (running - standing still)
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

No worries, Ogre has animation blending. This should be trivial to do without any user-created new animations.
Kiesel

Post by Kiesel »

Necrod wrote:
Losted Shadows wrote:Ok i can understand that. However there is something that might be a valid part of your project: If you play Morrowind... move foward, then stop... the animation just suddenly returns to standing. Its not particularly smooth, and I confident that it is not something a mod could fix, that part is the game engine. So perhaps you could look into a fix for that, something that blends the actions together, or adds the option for a half-way animation. You wouldn't have to actually do the animations(thought you probably have to if you want to test it).
That's part of animation, not engine itself I think. And as Morrowind didn't have any transition animation, it just skipped from animation to animation (running - standing still)
Which looked awful, but now it's part of the Morrowind experience.