Fix slow fall

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
sirherrbatka

Fix slow fall

Post by sirherrbatka »

Did you noticed that slow fall also slows your jumps (and therefore limits your jump height)? Maybe this should be fixed and new effect "High gravity" can be introduced.
natirips

Re: Fix slow fall

Post by natirips »

sirherrbatka wrote:"High gravity"
Did you mean "Low gravity"? Or do you want to fall faster than usual? (NPCs do not jump much so I don't see how useful "High gravity" would be, unless perhaps if you want to knock down a cliff racer.)
Last edited by natirips on 12 May 2012, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Rezor

Post by Rezor »

the same thing was annoying me in the Oblivion. When I will be do something with acrobat skill I will look that will be any option to accelerate player fall
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

fast fall without fall damage?
Rezor

Post by Rezor »

scrawl says that player damage is not ready implemented ;). about "high gravity" if gravity phisics will be higher I think that player will jump lower so something like: "time of falling affects falling speed" will be good but this is my suggestion :P
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

As far as I recall the falling speed is based on real world gravity... is really a good idea changing it?
Rezor

Post by Rezor »

well I don't think that looks "real". If our player willbe ball that will be ok but with falling like that i feel I'm flying not falling :) btw that will be cosmetic change and if I will (if I REALLY will :D) do something with that you just can test it and decide what will be better right?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

As far as I recall the falling speed is based on real world gravity... is really a good idea changing it?
Magic!

High gravity can be interesting as a curse in item. Like "Hey, this cliff is not that high" and after a second "Fuuuuuuuuuck!" and also preventing player from jumping high.
Rezor

Post by Rezor »

I have Idea! "the cursed stairs :twisted: " ^^ set the gravity x10000 over stairs area. The player will be killed if he will try to walk downstairs :P
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

No procedural animations :P