new guy with some question

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
penguinroad

Re: new guy with some question

Post by penguinroad »

sirherrbatka wrote: Already in vanilla MW.

Hold shift while clicking on item stack to "take all" without transfer window. Press ctrl while clicking to take only one item from the stack without transfer window.
Not really what I expected from 'take all'. I know about this feature. What I mean is a shortcut to click 'take all' button so we don't have to move mouse to click it. Sorry for being lazy :D
Chris

Post by Chris »

For the specific point, though, I believe there's mods that make ingredients act more like Oblivion/Skyrim, where you automatically get the ingredient by activating it without opening a container window. Once we get mod support, it'd be interesting to see if that would work.

A general "Take All" key binding would still be nice, though.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

herbalism mods

what about shift + close inventory to take all and get back to game?
Chris

Post by Chris »

sirherrbatka wrote:what about shift + close inventory to take all and get back to game?
IIRC, "Take All" does close the window. The idea would be to quickly press a key on the keyboard without having to move the mouse (something I regularly wish I could do with those Ok/Cancel popup boxes; though they're more of a problem in Oblivion, since Morrowind doesn't use them as often).
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I meant close inventory = inventory key binding (default right mouse button).
penguinroad

Post by penguinroad »

I never play Fallout 3 but people sometimes mention it uses 'A' button as shortcut for take all. I don't really like using Shift combination since we would use it a lot and I usually remap inventory to tab button, it's kind a tiresome key combo for me :)
yshi

Post by yshi »

That brings up another point.

Do you think it would be worth the while to lock the location of the mouse when you switch out of the inventory? Most noticeable with gathering alchemical ingredients - still obnoxious in general - clicking the Take All or Close button-> look at something else-> open-> have to move mouse back to original position to click button again.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

That works here.