[Post-1.0] Merchants not auto-equipping most valuable items

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
raevol

[Post-1.0] Merchants not auto-equipping most valuable items

Post by raevol »

This is a Post-1.0 feature request, but since auto-equipping has come up in development discussion lately, I wanted to post this.

I think it'd be nice to have an option where if an NPC is a merchant, they never update their equipped clothing. In this way, when you sell clothes and armor to a merchant, they don't just obsessively put it on, resulting in some pretty silly looking shopkeepers late in the game.

Again, Post-1.0, and just a thought...
scrawl

Re: [Post-1.0] Merchants not auto-equipping most valuable it

Post by scrawl »

I second that. Looks awful when they put on the dark brotherhood armor.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

BTW: It was fixed in MCP
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Yes it was "fixed" in MCP, but I never bothered turing it on because I was always amused by having the merchants in full suits.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

Maybe it can be improved even more. What about the merchant equip its most powerful armor if in-fight?
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Heres an idea, instead of completely stopping things from being equipped, why not just have it so that items which become equipped are available for sale.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

I guess the best idea is adding a line in the config file like ``Merchant behiavour=...'' where the user can set its favourite style.

However, nice idea Tarius. One of the zillion mods I installed had a similar effect: Divayth Fyr become a merchant and could sell its rare daedric armour.
heilkitty

Post by heilkitty »

ezzetabi wrote:I guess the best idea is adding a line in the config file like ``Merchant behiavour=...'' where the user can set its favourite style.
Or a GMST instead of config option.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

ezzetabi wrote:I guess the best idea is adding a line in the config file like ``Merchant behiavour=...'' where the user can set its favourite style.

However, nice idea Tarius. One of the zillion mods I installed had a similar effect: Divayth Fyr become a merchant and could sell its rare daedric armour.
Well I more meant that things which got added to the npc inventory rather than the items they started with, otherwise you would be ending up with naked npcs as everyone went around buying up all their clothing. haha