Two quality of life suggestions.

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Feiros

Two quality of life suggestions.

Post by Feiros »

1) Vendor inventory reset after a certain amount of days to avoid the cluttering from all the stuff we are selling to them.

2) NPC placing reset because for me at least, silt strider drivers, boatmen and other npc's are always dropping off their platforms or moving away from their spots.
raevol

Re: Two quality of life suggestions.

Post by raevol »

Feiros

Post by Feiros »

Damn that was quick. Thanks.

Now all I want is for Openmw to replicate the same behaviour just to be sure that future players will play this diamond of a game with one less problem to deal with. If it wasn't for you who gave me the link or the uploader who took the time to reupload the mod, I would have to spend the rest of my playthroughs with half of the boatmen swimming below their boats instead of working.
raevol

Post by raevol »

It's definitely annoying. We had a big discussion about it a while back.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

I seem to remember a conversation that stated that this unintended behavior is partly due to poor animation, in that idle animations for NPCs don't necessarily end with the same location as they started - so the end result would be that the idle animations make the NPC shuffle slightly each time and eventually displace/move them. I *think* that this also happens to affect Sharn Gra-Muzgob (https://pt.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Sharn_gra-Muzgob) and she disappears from vanilla morrowind Balmora mages guild, which can be game breaking, if the game is not patched with MCP or otherwise prevented from doing this.

But yeah, there were mods for this for vanilla Morrowind, which I think the link at nexus mods provides.

ST
PS - I wish that I knew how to do character creation (rigging/animation/etc) as I would make a set of content for openmw. Content that is not Bethesda's IP. We are sadly lacking that right now.