Keybind / Hotkey Functions

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
dash

Keybind / Hotkey Functions

Post by dash »

Growing up on the source engine I always loved being able to conveniently bind keys thru console. Morrowind’s console always struck me to function more like a proper “developer’s” console for playtesting and I never really got the hang of it as a player. In Source for example you can simply input

Code: Select all

bind mouse3 “use weapon_flashbang”
or

Code: Select all

bind x “exec whatever.cfg”
Are console functions like this available in OpenMW? I’ve always wanted more than the hotkeys provided— being able to bind a torch, or having a dedicated key to ready Mark or Recall, specific scrolls and probes for traps. With all the gear, alchemy, and magic combinations the available 9 Quick Keys has always seemed limiting.

Would something like this be possible in OpenMW? It would be a tremendously liberating way to play the game. I need to be able to slam Dreugh Wax and Lord’s Mail.
akortunov

Re: Keybind / Hotkey Functions

Post by akortunov »

OpenMW does not have script fuctions which are not present in the Morrowind (excepts of a couple of debug ones).
lysol

Post by lysol »

… but a Lua-based scripting system is planned. And I would guess this would be a piece of cake to do when that is ready?
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

lysol wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 20:23 … but a Lua-based scripting system is planned. And I would guess this would be a piece of cake to do when that is ready?
Which means that it *may* be possible already with TES3MP. I don't know enough about it to know if this is currently doable with that, but it is worth a check

ST the checker