Option for unstackable potions.

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
DagothTelasMw

Option for unstackable potions.

Post by DagothTelasMw »

I was wondering if it is possible in OpenMW to implement an option for disabling potion effect stacking. Drinking a potion of the same effect will nullify the other instead of making the effect two times stronger(as it is in vanilla).

I know that there are a lot of people who like to exploit some of the broken parts of Bethesda's games, like stacking % enchantments able to give you 500+ damage weapons(Skyrim), or stacking Sujamma effects for one hit kill everyone in Morrowind, but for me personally, this is not the way to play and this is why i'm asking for such an option.

I have a similar mod for Skyrim for both potions and enchantments and it literally fixed the game for me.
klorax

Re: Option for unstackable potions.

Post by klorax »

DagothTelasMw wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 12:05 I was wondering if it is possible in OpenMW to implement an option for disabling potion effect stacking. Drinking a potion of the same effect will nullify the other instead of making the effect two times stronger(as it is in vanilla).

I know that there are a lot of people who like to exploit some of the broken parts of Bethesda's games, like stacking % enchantments able to give you 500+ damage weapons(Skyrim), or stacking Sujamma effects for one hit kill everyone in Morrowind, but for me personally, this is not the way to play and this is why i'm asking for such an option.

I have a similar mod for Skyrim for both potions and enchantments and it literally fixed the game for me.
I agree! Though per definition it seems like something that must happen after version 1.0.

I have tried to figure out some good way to fix this in a mod, but not come up with anything good. Any ideas? :)