Allow NPCs to cast Recall and Divine/Almsivi Intervention

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
zackogenic

Allow NPCs to cast Recall and Divine/Almsivi Intervention

Post by zackogenic »

I changed one line in one file, and built the code, and now NPCs were able to recall to the player's mark, and return to the nearest temple/cult.

They do crash the game under certain circumstances. Not sure what it is exactly. "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" is the last line of output in this case.
I think it may have something to do with loaded cells.

However, it does work under other circumstances. Pretty well.

I wonder if this could be enabled in "advanced options" as a optional and alpha setting, for use with companion and follower mods. "It's too dangerous to go on with you, recall back to our house"
akortunov

Re: Allow NPCs to cast Recall and Divine/Almsivi Intervention

Post by akortunov »

It crashes, because you can not just move arbitrary NPC to another cell during game mechanics update (for example, via Divine Intervention or teleporting door).
You can do that only via scripts for now.
silentthief

Re: Allow NPCs to cast Recall and Divine/Almsivi Intervention

Post by silentthief »

akortunov wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 05:08 It crashes, because you can not just move arbitrary NPC to another cell during game mechanics update (for example, via Divine Intervention or teleporting door).
You can do that only via scripts for now.
right - so you can for example use scripts to trigger the NPC placement when the player casts these spells. Or, disable the NPC in one location then when the player moves to the area where the NPC supposedly teleported to (like one of the temples) re-enable them there. But the NPC moving to an unloaded cell becomes a problem (the game doesn't know where to place the NPC - things like location become unreferenced which causes the crash)

ST