Variable faction rank titles (post-1.0)

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
LordInsane

Variable faction rank titles (post-1.0)

Post by LordInsane »

I apologize if this is in the post-1.0 plan already; I looked over it but could not find something like this.
Would it be theoretically possible to add in the ability to designate variant faction rank titles if the actor has a specific attribute? The examples that come to mind from Morrowind would be gender (all those House Brothers, House Fathers and Patriarchs) and if the actor is a PC (allowing much, much easier and compatible representation of the Imperial Cult making the player a lay servant granted increasing rights and respect but not strictly making them part of the hierarchy of the faction proper), but I imagine it would be useful for other games that would use the faction system.
kuyondo

Re: Variable faction rank titles (post-1.0)

Post by kuyondo »

It is possible. The main idea is putting conditions for a rank to be attained.

So something like if PCSex == 0 then 'do this'.

RIght now, Morrowind only has attributes and skill check for ranks. So if an attribute or skill is satisfied, you can raise rank.
LordInsane

Re: Variable faction rank titles (post-1.0)

Post by LordInsane »

That seems somewhat separate - adding other possible conditions to gain a rank seems like it could be useful too, but it doesn't make it possible to have, as an example, rank 6 of a faction be called House Brother as default and House Sister for PCSex == 1. Or did I misunderstand you?