Add ability to scale individual UI elements seperately.

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Insidious611

Add ability to scale individual UI elements seperately.

Post by Insidious611 »

I was messing around with the settings in the GUI and Map sections recently as I wanted the minimap to be more useful. With a 1920x1080 screen on a laptop usually very near my face, it would make sense to have a larger and more detailed minimap that can be more easily consulted. I was able to achieve this to some degree with a GUI Scale Factor of 1.25 and a local map hud widget size of 128, but this GUI scale factor is pushing it for the size of elements such as icons for inventory items etc. Would it be possible to add a setting to independently raise the scale of individual HUD widgets, especially ones like the minimap which involve minimal static graphical elements? I would like to for example raise the GUI scale of solely the minimap by as much as 2X, with the nearby UI elements moved inwards as needed to accommodate the new size of the minimap widget.
Rovlad

Re: Add ability to scale individual UI elements seperately.

Post by Rovlad »

Just in case you didn't know, you can pin the right-click menu map so it's always visible during gameplay.
The minimap thingie was just as useless back when everyone played in glorious 640x480 as it is now, being more or less just a shortcut you can click on to restore main map window in the interface if you close it.