More Character (Letter) Support

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
terrestriann

More Character (Letter) Support

Post by terrestriann »

I was willing to make a translate mod to my language. But Morrowind has some forbidden characters which you cannot use. Game engine just prevents you from doing it. Yes, TrueType Fonts support is great for OpenMW and hope you guys get rid of these obstacles. I'll be looking for it. :)
AnyOldName3

Re: More Character (Letter) Support

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Post 1.0, when we're willing to break compatibility with the original engine, it's probably quite likely that we'll just switch omwaddon files to use UTF-8 by default or otherwise allow arbitrary characters. Before 1.0, we want to ensure that anything created by our construction set can just be renamed to be an esp and then be loaded by the original engine. There are a bunch of good reasons for this approach, but it means you'll be waiting.
terrestriann

Post by terrestriann »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 21 Feb 2018, 18:31 Post 1.0, when we're willing to break compatibility with the original engine, it's probably quite likely that we'll just switch omwaddon files to use UTF-8 by default or otherwise allow arbitrary characters. Before 1.0, we want to ensure that anything created by our construction set can just be renamed to be an esp and then be loaded by the original engine. There are a bunch of good reasons for this approach, but it means you'll be waiting.
It is good news though. I started to translate already. But I'll make it slowly. Thanks anyway.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Post 1.0, when we're willing to break compatibility with the original engine, it's probably quite likely that we'll just switch omwaddon files to use UTF-8 by default
Just so we are clear here. There is no probably and no default. All versions of the omwgame/omwaddon file formats after 1.0 will be UTF-8 only. There is no point in supporting any other encoding.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Excellent. My dream of an emoji-only OpenMW mod will finally be able to be realised.