Ability to rebind key for switching menus

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Jojy123

Ability to rebind key for switching menus

Post by Jojy123 »

I, and I'm sure a fair few others, use the Tab key to open and close the inventory. However, in 0.43, Tab is bound to switching menus within the inventory. This makes it impossible to close the inventory without the mouse, which just feels slow and cumbersome, even compared to Vanilla. The ability to rebind that function would be greatly appreciated.
akortunov

Re: Ability to rebind key for switching menus

Post by akortunov »

Jojy123 wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 13:49 I, and I'm sure a fair few others, use the Tab key to open and close the inventory. However, in 0.43, Tab is bound to switching menus within the inventory. This makes it impossible to close the inventory without the mouse, which just feels slow and cumbersome, even compared to Vanilla. The ability to rebind that function would be greatly appreciated.
Try to use recent nightlies. If the upstream code still have this issue, feel free to create a bugreport.
Also I can not reproduce this bug on Linux with upstream code - Tab binding works fine.
hizfather

Post by hizfather »

This also happens to me, I use windows 10. It is really frustrating to loot people because I also use tab to open and close inventory but all it does is cycle the buttons on the loot window.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Maybe it's dependency related in that case, perhaps a MyGUI version difference between the Linux and Windows nightlies?
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

Ok, I found what is going wrong. TS reported about issue in the inventory window, but the issue is really in the container and barter windows.
I am not sure how to "fix" it. Disable keyboard navigation at all?

Also theoretically you can bind inventory to arrow buttons, escape, F3, etc. and it will not work properly. OpenMW uses some keys for internal purposes.
Several months ago I suggested to use existed bindings for keyboard navigation (e.g. move ones), but this approach was abandoned - we use hardcoded buttons instead.