360 degree screenshots?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
ArashiAganawa

Re: 360 degree screenshots?

Post by ArashiAganawa »

drummyfish wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 12:48 Taking 360 videos would require pretty powerful PC I suppose, but the result would be great for sure.

BTW my friend from the multiplayer project recently took some very HQ shots on his server, have a look guys: 1, 2, 3.
Yeah, my gf and I both want me to have a powerful enough pc to do that.

Is Morrowind Multiplayer fully playable? Like Main quest and all? She and I want to do a run through of the game together, it will be her first time in Vvardenfell!

Also, for a second there, I thought my keening mouse pointer was part of the picture! Love how it looks thus far!
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

I read in the 0.45 change log that there is now the ability to do 360 degree screen shots. I was wondering how this is done. I have the latest release and can't figure it out to save my life.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

In settings.cfg, you can set the screenshot format. One of the options is 360° screenshots, so if you select that and press the screenshot hotkey, that's what gets saved.
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 01:57 In settings.cfg, you can set the screenshot format. One of the options is 360° screenshots, so if you select that and press the screenshot hotkey, that's what gets saved.
Thank you! That works splendidly! I'm enjoying this a wee bit too much.
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

one of the many shots I have gathered using this new feature!

All I can say is this is amazing! Thank you all so much! I'm having far too much fun with this!
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

We should use these as propaganda ;)
Lagahan

Post by Lagahan »

That looks awesome, no stitch lines or distortion!
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

psi29a wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 07:56 We should use these as propaganda ;)
I mean, I use my Morrowind is Home page to promote OpenMW, so by all means, produce more stuff for me to spread! This project is really a dream come true for many Morrowind fans! If there was a way to have every OpenMW update automatically post to Morrowind Is Home, I'd do it. Seeing as I can't have my phone with me at work for security reasons, or any online contact really, I sometimes miss updates. There are people on there who haven't heard of the project before, and some who have who are just now trying it because of the screen shots, so the more people we can expose to this project, the better!
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 01:57 In settings.cfg, you can set the screenshot format. One of the options is 360° screenshots, so if you select that and press the screenshot hotkey, that's what gets saved.
What is the setting for 360° screenshots? The documentation only mentions JPG, PNG, and TGA.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It's

Code: Select all

# Type of screenshot to take (regular, cylindrical, spherical or planet), optionally followed by
# screenshot width, height and cubemap resolution in pixels. (e.g. spherical 1600 1000 1200)
screenshot type = regular
and it's in the [Video] section, even though the file format is in the [General] section. It's not mentioned in the ReST documentation.