MCP-like menu

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Arakhor

Re: MCP-like menu

Post by Arakhor »

Done! Thank you.

(On a side note, it seems a little bit silly that we need three separate log-ins for the forum, the wiki and the bug-tracker.)
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Thanks for filing the feature request for changing the screenshot location! I agree that it's a needed feature, and would be a good thing to add to this proposed menu when completed.
Bulbulator

Post by Bulbulator »

Interesting stuff, wanna to see this too. I'am not very like check ssetings in game files. Any idea when this will happen? Hope before 1.0
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

I've created a PR for this over on GitHub. While I'm will aware that it's not a permanent solution and will eventually be replaced, I think that it will add a lot of polish for our 1.0 release.
Advanced Panel.png
raevol

Post by raevol »

This is really awesome! I saw the discussion on the PR and I agree that, even if it's quickly replaced, it's something that really should be in 1.0,
MinerMan60101

Post by MinerMan60101 »

That looks awesome! I think that this is really great to have. Are there any other settings that need to be put on there?
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

MinerMan60101 wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 03:09 Are there any other settings that need to be put on there?
Possibly some settings for the Graphics pane, and Distant Terrain settings, but I decided to save them until later, since they are more complex features and I wanted to make sure that we were okay with these as-is.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

I also approve. Even if it's replaced immediately post-1.0, it would be so incredibly nice to have this now. I'm confident it would draw more players, and with more players comes more interest, and with more interest comes more developers. I think in addition to being very nice to have, it's a valuable investment in the future of the project and could indirectly speed up development for the reason I mentioned above. If it doesn't actively make regressions more likely/easier to occur, I see no reason not to have this.
MinerMan60101

Post by MinerMan60101 »

Thunderforge wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 05:49 Possibly some settings for the Graphics pane, and Distant Terrain settings, but I decided to save them until later, since they are more complex features and I wanted to make sure that we were okay with these as-is.
Ah, that's understandable.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Woo! The new menu has been merged! Should be available in the latest nightlies!