Add a shortcut to switch map between "world" and "local"

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
mrkkrp

Add a shortcut to switch map between "world" and "local"

Post by mrkkrp »

I'm using the map window (it's pinned in the top right corner of the screen) instead of that little window at the bottom that you get by default. When I'm travelling in experior cells, I prefer to keep it in "world" state, so I see a bigger picture of where I'm going, however it does not make sense to use "world" in caves, etc., where you are typically interested in local map. So it would be good to be able to switch the modes without bringing up inventory and clicking the switch button with mouse, as it's time consuming. Another idea would be to make an option so it switches for you automatically, when you enter a new exterior cell, it's reset to "world" mode, when you enter interior, it's set to "local" mode. What do you think?
akortunov

Re: Add a shortcut to switch map between "world" and "local"

Post by akortunov »

Maybe a hotkey for local/world map switching would be a better solution?

If you able to build OpenMW by yourself, you can try to test this feature from this branch. Maybe it will be useful for you.
mrkkrp

Post by mrkkrp »

Thanks for implementing this, I really appreciate that. Sure, I'll test as soon as I have time (this weekend probably).
mrkkrp

Post by mrkkrp »

I have tried the feature and it works well. I did not spot any bugs, and it's really handy. Can you open a PR and maybe they will merge it?