[Solved by mod] Real Wings - make creatures able to fly

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
ThezKing

[Solved by mod] Real Wings - make creatures able to fly

Post by ThezKing »

Hey there,
I recognized that some Creatures, Winged or Ghosts are not able to fly real -> up and down!

How about giving them the ability to Fly above Fences or up the Walls (or sth. like that)?
You can see here in that short video what I am talking about; https://youtu.be/OlLfqf9codw
Last edited by ThezKing on 29 Dec 2016, 16:04, edited 2 times in total.
Amenophis

Re: Real Wings [make creatures able to fly]

Post by Amenophis »

Curiously, in vanilla and OpenMW, if you allow that creatures to fly they will move in slow motion. Don't know if the problem are the animations or their AI.
Attachments
Morrowind Creatures Flying tweaks (ESP e OMWADDON).7z
Tweaks Ancestral Ghost and Winged Twilights (summoned and enemies)
(697 Bytes) Downloaded 197 times
ThezKing

Re: [Solved] Real Wings - make creatures able to fly

Post by ThezKing »

Thats interesting.
I've edited the file, added speed 180 & disable walk ability -> they use only walk animation now.
May we could change the animation file?
DestinedToDie

Re: [Solved] Real Wings - make creatures able to fly

Post by DestinedToDie »

I don't think you really want ghosts to act like cliff racers. How about giving them levitation instead?
ThezKing

Re: [Solved by mod] Real Wings - make creatures able to fly

Post by ThezKing »

Levitation did not work for me, looks like they do not know how to deal with magic. :D
But this is not the final -> here

What I think about right now is a script, somethink like this;

xyz2 = now; xyz1 = -1 sec

Code: Select all

do
   if "position = x2=x1, y2=y1, z2=z1
   do "deactivate walks" & "aktivate flies"
   else "continue focus"
while "focus on player" and "walk-animation"
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

@ThezKing New tests: In this mod I added a levitate ability to summoned ghosts. (Thanks DestinedToDie)

Some results:
1 - Ticked fly/walk and only fly but the their movement still slow and now they can't accelerate, unlike the vanilla, to you when you get distance.
2 - Increasing their speed makes them jump when you walk and still don't accelerated when you get distance.
3 - Increasing the magnitude of the Levitate ability results in the above situation.

Found that the speed isn't the same for walk/fly. Flying creatures are slower if you keep the same amount for their speed.

Two solutions:
a - Create a new kind of AI that can change between fly and walk on their own, accelerating when needed. In this case an levitate ability would have a range between maximum and minimum, allowing them to speed up when distant.

b - Allow a creature that can walk/fly to not suffer the slowness of the fly ability. (NO NEED OF A NEW SPELL/ABILITY - ALL THROUGH THE ENGINE) - The AI will identify if the enemy is flying or if it is above or bellow their terrain level. (Let's dream about new walking cliffracers devouring carcasses on the road and how their AI will choose start attacking the player between flying and walking modes :twisted: So many situations...).
Attachments
Flying Summoned Ancestor Ghost.omwaddon.7z
Only summoned ghosts.
(504 Bytes) Downloaded 185 times
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Another suggestion. Because levitate uses only walk animation, one could switch out walk and run animations by editing the animation groups. This, of course, means that your ghost will always run. But I think that ought to be satisfactory, considering we're doing something that was never intended.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

DestinedToDie wrote:Another suggestion. Because levitate uses only walk animation, one could switch out walk and run animations by editing the animation groups. This, of course, means that your ghost will always run. But I think that ought to be satisfactory, considering we're doing something that was never intended.
Personally, I've always thought that that (the player walking in air) looked ridiculous. I think it would be better looking if there could be the swim animation. That way it would look like the player is "superman-ing" thru the air.

Anyhow, kind of off topic/off on a tangent, plz forgive me.

ST