Marking previously read conversation options?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Atendega

Marking previously read conversation options?

Post by Atendega »

Would it be possible to mark previously read conversation options? Perhaps with a darker text color, or something of that nature. I'm super OCD about making sure I read everything, so knowing for sure what I've already read would be a huge time/sanity saver.

It would also be nice if conversation options that require you to choose a response were marked in a different color, but that's less of an issue.
CMAugust

Re: Marking previously read conversation options?

Post by CMAugust »

It's on the post-1.0 roadmap, though any enterprising soul is welcome to write the code whenever and submit it as a pull request. It will then become an optional feature in OpenMW, toggled in the settings.cfg. Some features have already been introduced this way, such as showing owned items.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

There have been discussions regarding marking dialogue options. Have a look at Greyed out dialogue options and Grey out read dialogue topics. While this would be a nice feature to have, there are some difficulties -- e.g., consider an answer with different choices or somehow randomised outcome. Or imagine a situation where you have to click the same topic several times to provoke the NPC. The script would have to tell the engine to not grey out that particular topic.
Atendega

Post by Atendega »

Ah, sorry about that. I had done a cursory search to see if anyone had asked about this before, I guess I must have missed those.

Thanks for the explanation!