Skyrim-like sneak system

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Netchythenetch

Skyrim-like sneak system

Post by Netchythenetch »

Hello everyone,
I'm well aware that this feature will only be implemented by modders, but I'm curious: would it be possible? I mean, there is already a Morrowind mod that uses light-based sneaking, but it messes with Sneak skill values and I do not like that at all.
Thank you for your attention.
Capostrophic

Re: Skyrim-like sneak system

Post by Capostrophic »

Post-1.0™.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Just a side note: I think that this feature could be directly implemented in OpenMW. It doesn't have to be Skyrim's sneak system but some kind of "Make sneaking useful in Morrowind" system. Include a toggle option in OpenMW's settings and everything's fine.
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

The toggle option for sneak is already available in the setting file since several releases
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Cramal wrote:The toggle option for sneak is already available in the setting file since several releases
I didn't mean the toggle option for the sneak mode but a toggle option for two different sneak systems, one being the vanilla system and the other being a more elaborated one.
sjek

Post by sjek »

script for testing:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1882&p=21206&hilit=getlos#p21206

on MSFD there is note that in vanilla the facing direction doesn't matter and using getdetected on general "imperial guard" without the following number in ingame console returns nothing.

some of these clauses might be false in openmw

i think the amount of light needed to detect player is hardcoded but you could possibly make dynamic system interfering sneak skill. stats and inventory functions are a bit complex thought