Quest list [Solved]

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Arkem

Quest list [Solved]

Post by Arkem »

Hello, and thank you for this wonderful project and for the long hard work already done for it.

Since it become really playable with version 0.40, I started playing with it a little, but I feel very painful to find quest related forgotten informations inside the Journal, so I tried to dig a little to find out if there is another way than doing my own journal on paper sheets with more useful informations inside... so I was a little disappointed to see nothing in the journal -> Options -> Quests game display.
I thought at first it is just because OpenMW isn't finished yet, but I don't see anything about finishing this in the RoadMap web page. Did I miss something, or do I have a bug?

Knowing that having a non-finished quests list with related topics easily reachable for each one would be a killer feature for me since it is really annoying to have to re-read many pages in the journal to find just a little information, like the name of someone i am supposed to meet.

Thank you in advance for any reply...
Last edited by Arkem on 17 Nov 2016, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Capostrophic

Re: Quest list

Post by Capostrophic »

OpenMW is by no means feature-complete, but features of that kind (not even usually) were finished a long ago. In my game, the journal works good (not including letter topic "thesaurus", which doesn't work properly with different (not CP-1252) encodings).
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

The journal works for me in the English version. What Morrowind localisation do you use? Are there any other oddities? (Console messages, other features not working, ...)
Arkem

Post by Arkem »

I use the original English version.

The journal is working for me too, but what i was looking for is in the options page of this journal. There is a topic page there, where you can browse dialogs topics sorted alphabetically, and a Quests page, which is the only part of the journal that seems interesting to me, but it stays desperately empty, even though I have several quests started and a few others already finished. I thought maybe this part is not done yet, which i can understand, but I didn't find any mention about a Quests list in the roadmap web page, so I was wondering what I am missing about it...
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Arkem wrote:I thought maybe this part is not done yet
It's done. Something on your side is the bugger.

Edit: hm... is Tribunal add-on enabled?
Arkem

Post by Arkem »

No, it is installed, but not unabled yet since i remember a long time ago, when i played the original version that a very high level character is needed to play the Tribunal extension
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

The previous question is suggesting you enable Tribunal and report back. Also, if you want to delay the Tribunal main quest, try one of the several mods that does this, such as Tribunal Delayed: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/33973/?

This will allow you to enable the Tribunal plugin without getting ganked by assassins at a low level.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

The feature was added in the original game only with Tribunal patch, and Tribunal's master file adds actual quest names and stages to the vanilla quests.
Arkem

Post by Arkem »

Thank you very much. It works perfectly now. Does someone know is there is something similar with Bloodmoon, that make it worth to enable the extension before thinking about starting the quest?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Arkem wrote:Thank you very much. It works perfectly now. Does someone know is there is something similar with Bloodmoon, that make it worth to enable the extension before thinking about starting the quest?
Here.