auto attack toggle

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
denden16

auto attack toggle

Post by denden16 »

hi, could we have an auto attack toggle feature in the options menu? :D
Okulo

Re: auto attack toggle

Post by Okulo »

What's an auto attack?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I guess he means something like the auto walk button, where you press it, and then it attacks as often as possible until you press it again. It just saves you spam clicking.
aesylwinn

Post by aesylwinn »

But isn't spam clicking half the fun? :lol:

If you want this sort of functionality then you should probably look into macro programs like autohotkey. The benefit is that you can get it work with pretty much anything.
raevol

Post by raevol »

With Morrowind's "click and hold" melee I don't see how autoattack would work...
aesylwinn

Post by aesylwinn »

If your using macro software, you just adjust your timings so that it emulates the optimal "click and hold." If you were to actually implement it in the game, well, you're probably programming an assistant ai that swings your sword for you. That would involve detecting when there's an enemy in front of you and swinging the weapon in a damage efficient way. Not that difficult to implement, but probably not too fun in terms of gameplay.
Nivim

Post by Nivim »

Well, it would probably be quite entertaining for a little while to watch 'your' arms do things on their own whenever you look at someone looking at you funny.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

raevol wrote:With Morrowind's "click and hold" melee I don't see how autoattack would work...
Plus it'd be something that has the player not play the game. I don't see the use in that. Kinda reminds me of Skyrim's labour animations. You're just sitting there with your thumb up your ass until your Dragon Jesus is done chopping wood or tapping his pickaxe against a rock.
ezze

Post by ezze »

On the other hand, unless the fight system in Morrowind is worked on and changed fighting is kinda "click click click."
darkbasic

Post by darkbasic »

ezze wrote:On the other hand, unless the fight system in Morrowind is worked on and changed fighting is kinda "click click click."
Nope, fighting is usually more similar to *holds click* *releases click* DEAD :mrgreen: