fps optimizer

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
kuyondo

fps optimizer

Post by kuyondo »

would be nice if someday openmw has this feature implemented. for example this program http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/3875/?

just a suggestion.. because its useful for heavily modded or cluttered morrowind to increase some fps.
Zobator

Re: fps optimizer

Post by Zobator »

Since OpenMW gets a lot better FPS than the vanilla engine (and hardware keeps getting faster and faster), I'm not sure if a feature like this will be necessary for much longer. I'm nut sure about heavily modded games though.

My guess is that it would be more interesting to get additional support for AMD gpu/cpu, because those get worse FPS than with vanilla.
On the other hand, dynamic viewing distance might ensure players a smooth gameplay with any mod loadorder.
Pherim

Re: fps optimizer

Post by Pherim »

Might be a good idea to implement something like this for distant objects. But for smaller near objects... well, I'd say why not, after all it would just be an option, so people could decide for themselves if they want to use it or not... for all the other games (Oblivion, Skyrim, etc.) there is something like this or similar as a mod or utility, so the need is clearly there.

Of course, OpenMW is intended to have better performance than vanilla Morrowind, especially with mods, but if this will help someone to get just the fps he needs to run a certain mod, it's probably worth it.