Delay 1.0 untill all of MWSE is implemented

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Tes96

Re: Delay 1.0 untill all of MWSE is implemented

Post by Tes96 »

ezze wrote:Sure, but most of the workforce is now gone. Hopefully OpenMW will revive it a bit.
That's what I'm fearing. Tamriel Rebuilt and the other province mods like P:C and SHOTN move so slowly in development that it will be 30-40 years before the provinces of Skyrim and Cyrodiil are completed for TESIII. I'm hoping OpenMW, once released, will bring back some spark to the modding community.
ezze

Post by ezze »

Let's see... I should be still alive in 40 years, let's hope our society does not collapse so much that computers becomes part of a mythical past. On the other hand, if I will be running around scavenging for food trying to stay alive against vicious gangs probably I won't think about playing TESIII...
Pherim

Post by Pherim »

Tes96 wrote:Tamriel Rebuilt and the other province mods like P:C and SHOTN move so slowly in development that it will be 30-40 years before the provinces of Skyrim and Cyrodiil are completed for TESIII.
Well, will they ever really be completed? :D One thing I learned about fan projects like these... they ALWAYS take MUCH longer than anticipated and usually end up being a lot smaller than was originally intended... unless these guys are making them. ;)
Anyway, I also hope OpenMW will revive the whole modding community again. After all, OpenMW-CS is also meant to provide a much more comfortable and versatile tool for creating mods than the original CS. Once that is finished, these projects could get ahead much faster, as it would be easier to work on them.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

Pherim wrote:
Tes96 wrote:Tamriel Rebuilt and the other province mods like P:C and SHOTN move so slowly in development that it will be 30-40 years before the provinces of Skyrim and Cyrodiil are completed for TESIII.
Well, will they ever really be completed? :D One thing I learned about fan projects like these... they ALWAYS take MUCH longer than anticipated and usually end up being a lot smaller than was originally intended... unless these guys are making them. ;)
Anyway, I also hope OpenMW will revive the whole modding community again. After all, OpenMW-CS is also meant to provide a much more comfortable and versatile tool for creating mods than the original CS. Once that is finished, these projects could get ahead much faster, as it would be easier to work on them.
Wow, never heard of Enderal. Looks awesome! The name sounds close to Indoril. Have you played any of their betas?
Pherim

Post by Pherim »

No, I haven't... but in Germany, it is already released and people are extremely happy with it, as far as I have heard. Also, the same guys already made the Oblivion TC Nehrim which many people consider to be superior to Oblivion itself in terms of its world and story. And their two Morrowind TCs are also supposed to be good. Unfortunately, I have not played any of them, yet, because I have not even finished playing the original Elder Scrolls games (only Morrowind and Oblivion so far).
The name similarity is most likely a coincidence, as all these TCs take place in their own setting and lore, with no connection to the original TES games.