make spacebar(action key) = goodbye

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
kuyondo

make spacebar(action key) = goodbye

Post by kuyondo »

a small change but a useful change.. can we make the spacebar a shortcut for closing the dialogue window, or as alternate to 'goodbye'.. ?
openmwfan27

Re: make spacebar(action key) = goodbye

Post by openmwfan27 »

Agreed, having a 'quick close' feature would be handy. A single short-cut key which could be bound to a key or mouse button for the following actions would be ideal:

Closing a Conversation / Clicking the Goodbye button
Going 'Back' when interacting with an NPC service (e.g Training, Spellmaking, Persuasion etc..)
Cancelling a Transaction with a merchant.
Closing a book or scroll (will always default to 'close' rather then a 'take' or 'steal' option).
Closing Container Window's. (When viewing contents of sacks, chests, etc..)
Closing the regular 'Alert' windows which show you a message with a single OK button. (Like the one you get at the start just before you leave the ship)
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Eh, the "Escape" button already allows you to close most windows - at least for me it does.
openmwfan27

Post by openmwfan27 »

Atahualpa wrote:Eh, the "Escape" button already allows you to close most windows - at least for me it does.
Seems like the ESC key works for most situations, although i cannot find anywhere in the control settings to re-map that action to a different key.

When playing OMW i have a lot of the actions such as activate, ready weapon, ready magic, and the open inventory actions assigned to the extra buttons i have on my mouse so i can keep one hand on WASD and the other on the mouse, it's just my preference when playing games not to move my hands around too much or take my hand of the mouse, but i cannot assign the action triggered by the ESC key to any of my mouse buttons (as far as i know).

It would be good to allow this action to be bound to a key other then the ESC key.