iFPSClamp Equivalent?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
FiftyTifty

Re: iFPSClamp Equivalent?

Post by FiftyTifty »

scrawl wrote:Well yes, OSG (can) use some external dependencies, but these are only used for things like loading exotic 3D model formats, definitely not frame timing, that is osg::Timer's job. And, for the record, we don't actually use any of these optional OSG dependencies. You can compile a "lean" build of OSG by choosing the right build options, and OpenMW will still run exactly the same.
Huh. I stand corrected.

The odd part is that the bug reportedly happens with VSync, but whatever is causing the lack of smoothness occurs regardless of VSync settings; on, off, on w/ triple buffering.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

I figured it was time to update the OSG and stuff, so I've been working on getting new binary packages built since yesterday.
I think I just got the first quarter of the OSG package to build properly, so can soon start packaging up the rest of the necessities needed for OpenMW.

Hopefully you can expect a new build with Scrawls version of OSG and Visual Studio 2015 improvements before the end of next week, unless more things turn out to take longer than expected.
FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty »

Ace (SWE) wrote:I figured it was time to update the OSG and stuff, so I've been working on getting new binary packages built since yesterday.
I think I just got the first quarter of the OSG package to build properly, so can soon start packaging up the rest of the necessities needed for OpenMW.

Hopefully you can expect a new build with Scrawls version of OSG and Visual Studio 2015 improvements before the end of next week, unless more things turn out to take longer than expected.
Sweet. See if that fixes the ol' sutterroony.