Mod Manager?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Arakhor

Re: Mod Manager?

Post by Arakhor »

Having recently made the switch to the manual folder-based installation of mods, I must say that I do miss the Wrye Bash functionality which can merge your level lists and highlight file conflicts, so getting those back would be excellent. (Incorporating other features, such as Mlox sorting and Wrye Bash's "lock edit times" so that you can edit plugins without adjusting their creation dates, would be even better!)

That said, the manual folders are otherwise a really quick, clean and easy way of installing mods, provided that you remember that folders that load after other folders win priority in file conflicts. (Folder order is also separate to esp order.)
magamo

Post by magamo »

jmelesky's Linked List merging utility was posted earlier in this thread. You can find it at https://github.com/jmelesky/omwllf
Looks like it does just what you're asking for.
Arakhor

Post by Arakhor »

Yes, I already downloaded that and forgot about it when making my post. :oops:

A way to check to see if there are any files being overwritten by your various mod directories would come in really handy though and it's the biggest thing I miss when not using Wrye Mash.
jayhova4x4

Post by jayhova4x4 »

It's been a year and a half since I last played Morrowind. I moved over to Daggerfall Unity I sort of gave up when I had a problem with assets that did not configure correctly. I was curious if adding mods had gotten and more straight forward.

So... Bump
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

If you're on Windows, there's a plugin for Mod Organizer 2 that lets you export your MO2 setup to OpenMW. That might be of some help if you find a mod manager easier.