Script error log

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
KelvinShadewing

Script error log

Post by KelvinShadewing »

I've noticed there doesn't seem to be any log files anywhere. Is there any chance we could get a log for script errors when loading plugins? It would be nice to know which ones don't work and why (if the cause can be identified) so that I can work on fixing them to run in OpenMW.
Zini

Re: Script error log

Post by Zini »

Scripts aren't compiled or run on loading by default. Therefore there is nothing to log.

You can force compilation of scripts on startup by using the --script-all switch. Using --script-verbose will provide more detailed reports. See ./openmw --help for more details.
KelvinShadewing

Post by KelvinShadewing »

By switches, you mean command line arguments, right?

[EDIT]
OK, the console output shows me what scripts are failing, but I can't copy it for review or anything, so I have to leave OMW running or take a ton of screenshots. Can we at least have the output print to a text file?
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Can't you already check if a script fails in Open-CS? It even tells you what line failed.
Zini

Post by Zini »

OK, the console output shows me what scripts are failing, but I can't copy it for review or anything,
Why? I am sure the console on any system would allow that; even the crappy Windows console.

Anyway, you could just redirect output to a file.
maqifrnswa

Post by maqifrnswa »

Zini wrote:
Anyway, you could just redirect output to a file.
I was going to suggest this