OpenMW support for other games: Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout and more

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Starsheep

Re: Elder-scrolls IV Oblivion

Post by Starsheep »

Seeing a Dunmer walking the streets of Washington, D.C. gave me a very strange sensation.
It's hard to describe, it's like two distinct parts of my brain, two worlds strictly sandboxed from each other in the libraries of my consciousness are colliding and meet for the first time.

It is... disturbing.

<wakes up>
Oh, it's not a dream, it's real. Damn.

A real mind opener. Now I can see Fargoth in a power armor so that he can settle accounts with everyone in Seyda Neen
tomangelo

Post by tomangelo »

<insert wat meme here>

I guess this could be a possibility to bring some Fallout fans to help developing engine and CS to work with both games. In the end, unless features of game A doesn't break features of game B, then it's a benefit for engine. Playing both games on continuously developed, OS-independent (of course in terms of agreement with Bethesda about other architectures ports) and probably more futureproof engine? Sounds good IMHO.
monyarm

Post by monyarm »

This is great, though why do some of the textures look weird, and when you went in the interior cell, why is half of it blue ?
tomangelo

Post by tomangelo »

Maybe different lightning, or some differences in post-processing between both games?
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

That blue thing is just a marker for the spawn point (going through the door is really a teleport to an internal cell). Current code does not filter out editor markers. Also most of the textures do not work properly at this point.
Br0ken

Post by Br0ken »

cc9cii wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 02:23 GOG was having a sale the other day, and with all these E3 teasers around...
Now we need a sale for Fallout 4, the last frontier... :D
zackogenic

Post by zackogenic »

cc9cii wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 22:24 That blue thing is just a marker for the spawn point (going through the door is really a teleport to an internal cell). Current code does not filter out editor markers. Also most of the textures do not work properly at this point.
I find it really cool you can load newer game's cells, but I find it even cooler you seem to have implemented worldspaces.

Any chance that could make it into the master code?
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

> Any chance that could make it into the master code?

Given that I've got less and less time to contribute, I'm really keen to release what I have done so far. The trouble is that there are some code that are so horrible to be released and unfortunately without those parts the code won't compile (which would be less than useless). I guess eventually I'll give up and release it all regardless of the code quality but today is not the day.

*Edited for clarity
XJDHDR
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

cc9cii wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 00:38 Given that I've got less and less time to contribute, I'm really keen to release what I have done so far. The trouble is that there are some code that are so horrible to be released and unfortunately without those parts the code won't compile (which would be less than useless). I guess eventually I'll give up and release it all regardless of the code quality but today is not the day.
Thanks for what you've done anyway. And take your time, I'm sure at least some people will appreciate whatever you eventually release.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

As promised in another forum discussion I've pushed TES4 BSA changes to github (cc9cii branch). I'll also try to push the TES4/TES5 ESM reader code.