Resizing the interface?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
DrCuddlebug

Resizing the interface?

Post by DrCuddlebug »

I couldn't really find a thread about this so I thought I'd create one.

I've been playing through OpenMW over the past week and one of the only requests I have is a way to resize the interface.

I know Morrowind's FPS optimizer (or MGE, I can't remember which) allowed you to resize things like the status windows. What I would like to see is being able to resize the HUD and the journal/books/scrolls. Since on higher resolution displays it is kind of a pain trying to read a book when the text is so small. And it is kind of annoying how small the HUD is (although to be fair that is a problem vanilla Morrowind also has).

Unless there's already a way to do this in the beta. In which case disregard my request entirely.
ahti

Re: Resizing the interface?

Post by ahti »

+1!

its really a pain to read books/journal(which are smaller in openmw) in windowed mode so ive been playing in a lower res fullscreen for a while...
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

MGEXE has an option to change the size of the icons.
DrCuddlebug

Post by DrCuddlebug »

Amenophis wrote:MGEXE has an option to change the size of the icons.
Isn't MGE XE a separate program? Will it work with OpenMW? I recall on the faq it stated mods that are reliant on separate programs like MGE won't with work OpenMW
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

Sorry. I meant: "OpenMW could have the same option".
Gramblosh

Post by Gramblosh »

Would at least be cool to have a larger journal/book/scroll interface cause even on a small screen (mine is at 1280x1024) it is small and sometimes hard to read.
ALMSIVINYASA

Post by ALMSIVINYASA »

Not sure what this is about? Interface has broad implications. I am having trouble resizing the window in-game, it causes the cursor to misalign and the window to go into the corner.
DrCuddlebug

Post by DrCuddlebug »

ALMSIVINYASA wrote:Not sure what this is about? Interface has broad implications. I am having trouble resizing the window in-game, it causes the cursor to misalign and the window to go into the corner.
I was pretty descriptive. I just want the ability to resize book/scrolls/note displays (since they're really small and hard to read) and the status bar/minimap. The Inventory/Character sheet/magic window are fine in my opinion