Necessary Features?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
penguinroad

Re: Necessary Features?

Post by penguinroad »

Few things on my mind.

Keyboard Shortcut for option/button. Like Take all, dispose body, close, yes, no, close book, take book, and take item behaviour that's been implemented by mcp (take all as default when clicking on item)

increase base speed. admit it, vanilla speed is too slow, especially in the beginning of the game

icon to notify if we are sneaking or not. In vanilla there's only icon to indicate if we are undetected while sneaking. I'd rather have the icon shows all the time when we are sneaking, perhaps change color to red if detected

rotate npc to face player when activate dialog. It's kind a sucks to see back of people's head when talking
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Increase base speed? Later on in the game, if you get to around level 70 and wear the boots of blinding speed your character will be insanely fast. About (iirc) 10 times faster than characters in Skyrim. I had a level 70 Berne Vampire (more speed increases!), back in the day, it was insane.

I always felt the slow speed at the beginning of the game added even more atmosphere to the game. Once you get to a level like I described you really feel like your character progressed from a lowly commoner to the god of Tamriel.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I actually don't like Morrowind's dynamic walking/running speed system at all. I'd rather everyone's walking/jogging speed to be the same with a sprint (that eats up fatigue faster) that gets faster with your speed attribute. Speed should also allow you to swing weapons/block faster. I'm talking about a more in-depth overhaul, though.
Br0ken

Post by Br0ken »

Regarding more in-depth overhaul:
In my opinion, Speed attribute in game mechanics seems unnecessary. Its meaning almost duplicates Agility. In real world athletics, Speed, Agility and Quickness (SAQ) almost synonyms and even train in one bundle. :)
Would be far more logical and realistic if movement speed will depend on the Agility, and not from a separate attribute.
AshSlave

Post by AshSlave »

I agree with ezzetabi about level-up system, but I also dislike constantly growing health that so common to almost every RPG. It makes you and enemy eventually so fat that such obviously lethal things like cutting throat might become impossible just because weapon went out of fashion or character don't have enough strength. Such unreasonable growth just spoils feeling of real achievement for me. I would like rising of HP to require more special and hard to obtain things.
I also want possibility of complete breaking of equipment so your state in the game could go not only up, but also down if you won't care about your armor and weapon. For example, when durability of item goes below 80%, each damage to this item also will reduce max durability.
And of course, world of Morrowind needs more simulation. Currently it's like a picture - unique, but paused.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

That is the trouble of level based systems (D&D and etc.) instead of something like Ultima Online where you a cap across all your stats and you have to balance it how you want. They also atrophied over time unless used. It was one of the reasons I preferred UO over EQ.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Hmm, why has no one ever implemented something like an exponential decrease in level attribute gain? Or at least I havent seen it or something like it very often. Basically, the higher up you go the less your stats can increase. This would effectively cap things without actually capping them, as you would still gain a bit per increase; just not something that would cause your health and such to balloon to god like levels.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I know what you mean and i agree, but i would instead make it the exp to level that would be exponential. You still get your stat gain, but make it harder to get to. Problem is that it isnot too popular with the masses.
potatoesmaster

Post by potatoesmaster »

I remember there was a mod to exchange the effect of successful and failed actions on level progression. This way it was easy to improve a skill for beginning, then difficult when you get better at it.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

potatoesmaster wrote:I remember there was a mod to exchange the effect of successful and failed actions on level progression. This way it was easy to improve a skill for beginning, then difficult when you get better at it.
Yes, I remember this one. I find it as an interesting concept.